IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

1 hour ago, damien78 said:

Maybe just edit your post ?

The bad news is that it causes an Apple supplied function to hang at the end of the first track, also when reading.

This will not be an easy or quick fix.

Thanks for your efforts, Damien, I can wait, no hurry.  It would also be nice if you can select a range of albums by selecting the first and last album.  Now you can only select 'Select All', and select or de-select specific  albums. Pressing cancel goes one level back, but you expect it's a kind of stop/reset function.  It's working a little quirky all together IMHO.

Btw. editing a post is only possible for a short period of time, I understand.

8 minutes ago, damien78 said:

Yes. We are in the process of updating the web site before announcing the release.

Okay, thanks, one suggestion for the website: if you want to send a support message, you cannot send an attachment. That would be handy, I think. The last time, in case of my ReplayGain issue, I was missing that possibility.

24 minutes ago, RunHomeSlow said:

The 3 buttons don't light up always... but are fonctionning...

if i click the green one to go fullscreen, the yellow one doesn't work to hide the software,

have to reclick the green button. Escape button on keyboard doesn't out of fullscreen...

1632784971_ScreenShot.jpg.5b179eb9282058e397079767faaf2384.jpg

Good work!! 🙏

2 minutes ago, jos said:

Got this message several times when updating from latest beta to 3.5...

'An error occurred while extracting the archive. Please try again later'

I guess I have to wait...

And now I got the message....

Your are up to date

Audirvana Plus 3.4.99.21 is currently the newest version available.

4 hours ago, damien78 said:

Yes, I've now released the official Audirvana 3.5 for Mac !!

Along with this release, we have decided to simplify the naming by removing the "Plus". As there is no basic version (I always wanted you to have all the features :) ), it was more creating confusion than anything else.

This name change has changed the application name, that's why the automatic update is not able to replace automatically the beta by the official release.

I've now updated the message you get from the update system so that it opens the download link to download Audirvana 3.5 disk image.

Thanks, but that didn't work for me too, so I did go to the Audirvana website and downloaded the disk image there. After installing, I had to redefine my network-bridge (ultraRendu) again and removed the old beta version. Everything is working fine now.

Thanks for this great update and fantastic sound! 🙏

3 hours ago, Marten said:

I don’t see new albums coming into the library.

A force synchronization by clicking on the Sync button is not working as far as I can see.

I have had this problem too in the past, Marten. It is not always working, or visible,  and you always have to use the sync button after each change in iTunes to be up to date in Audirvana. So, with the new version I changed to the other, more preferred option, because now you can rescan your music network folder(s) automatically each time you start Audirvana. I am using my iTunes music network-folder, because I want to maintain iTunes as my database. One disadvantage is that your iTunes  playlists does not appear in Audirvana anymore, but you can make the same playlist in Audirvana, if you like.I would suggest you to give it a try. In my case it is working better than the sync option.

6 hours ago, Marten said:

Thanks Jos, but I had too much problems with iTunes in the past. That's not my favourite program. 
Yesterday I started building a complete new database, but when I just wake up I saw an error on my screen, so that's also not the right way. I keep on searching.After a new start he gegins indexing again. I'll wait what happens now. But i my case it cost a lot of time........

Sorry to hear, it's time consuming indeed and difficult to advice you in this manner, but I would advise you to stick to Audirvana's way of working.

Damien, small things: if you make a playlist your can obviously rename/delete the playlist, but you can also make a folder (container) for playlists to put in, but if you want to rename/delete the folder, Audirvana is seeing it as a playlist, but in fact it isn't, just a folder. So it should be: rename /delete folder. Perhaps a better word is 'Container'. Editing a playlist and folder is a little quirky too; if you click in it all the text in it seems to disappear. I would also like to have an empty line between folders and their playlist, but that is a cosmetic choice.

5 hours ago, DancingSea said:

I’ve been getting quite a few random crashes.  Often crashes when I quit A+.  But has crashed other times, seemingly for no reason.

No crashes here, but I don't do a lot with Audirvana, just listening to music randomly. The only crash I got was wen I was trying to use ReplayGain with a kind of faulty album and want to quit Audirvana, then I have to force a stop, but I am confident that Damien will solve this issue.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/8/2019 at 2:32 AM, JML said:

Thanks for fixing the iTunes playlist import, Damien!

Next issue: Renaming playlists isn't working well with this new dark mode because after you initiate the name change by choosing "Rename Playlist," the field goes totally dark (i.e., it seems blank but isn't), and it's not until you type a character does the text in the field become visible! Here are screen captures of the first two steps, before typing a character.

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 8.29.29 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 8.29.39 PM.jpg

Agree, I mentioned this before in this tread, it is quite irritating!

On 5/12/2019 at 8:50 PM, DancingSea said:

Here’s a report on my Audirvana journey.  Going back to 2.6, A+ has always sounded too bright to me, no matter what I’ve tried, including Tube Saturator plugins that cost more the A+ itself.  3.5 fell into the same boat.  I’ve always preferred Amarra Luxe and HQP.

I recently swapped out my DH Labs T14 (silver) speaker cables for Audioquest Rocket 33’s (copper), and added a REL subwoofer.  Got better for A+, but still not quite there.  Then a few days ago I followed some EQ settings Copy_Of_A gave me almost a year ago.  All of that combined has A+ sounding amazing.  On par with Amarra Luxe, and very close to HQP, yet more functional than either.

Here are Copy_Of_A’s EQ recommendations.  I did boost the low shelf a little bit.

get this very nice and very, very good free EQ:
https://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-nova/

activate the filters I, II and III

set Filter I to:
peak (the symbol in the middle above the Q and FREQ button)
Q: 0.5
Freq: 60Hz
Gain: 0.3db

(see attachment 01)

set Filter II to:
low shelf (the symbol above the Q button)
Q: 0.5
Freq: 360Hz
Gain: 0.5db

(see attachment 02)

set Filter III to:
peak (the symbol in the middle above the Q and FREQ button)
Q: 0.85
Freq: 3.2kHz (=3200Hz)
Gain: -0.2db

(see attachment 03)

out gain (bottom right): -5db

This should get you close to something you might like…

For somewhat bolder bass increase the gain of Filter II (leave Filter I and Filter III as they are for the time being).

But don't overdo ...

If it’s still too bright decrease the gain in Filter III (start with -0.5db ... but I wouldn’t go lower than -1db).”

Many moons ago I was doing this too; endless tuning to get the sound right and it was needed, but then I bought my present loudspeakers (Revel F208) and amp (Yamaha A-S2100) and everything sounded right without the use of an equaliser and so on. So, I think, with the right equipment you don’t need any sound-tuning at all, IMHO.

7 hours ago, elcorso said:

Which Audirvana brightness?

We could talk about listening equipment brightness , or tinnitus of some users ...

Roch

Indeed, doesn't exist! Hans Beekhuyzen (a well known independent hifi reviewer) already concluded that Amarra is sounding more 'wooly' than others (Pure Music, A+, ...). You could explain this as: 'a lack of high frequency definition and over abundance of low mids'.

16 hours ago, Marten said:

Today I returned to 3.2.16. 
That program works as it should be.
Why not bring all the good things to 3.5.9?

Marten, sorry to hear you returned to version 3.2.16. I thought Damien did solve your problems. Perhaps you should ask him again to take a look. Although certainly not perfect yet, I will stay with 3.5.9. I love the sound and almost have no problems. Audirvana is constantly reading my ITunes Music map on my NAS (option 1). Last week I got some duplicated tracks, but only two albums.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Audirvana 3.5.13 playing in the just released public beta of Catalina. It works.  I have not tried the Direct Mode Hack yet, I just finished this install on my Mini. Spotlight is going nuts right now!

Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 10.18.51 PM.png

Good to hear and thanks. Did you also look into Apple Music app?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Joerg D said:

Hello,
with me it is synonymous so that with 3.5.17 my DLNA streamer was not found. Have 3.5.16 installed again and everything is fine

Joerg

Hi Joerg, for sure it's a fault in the new .17 software version. I did some reconfiguring and rebooting at my DNLA streamer software/device (Sonicorbitor 2.7), but that did not give a solution. So now I'm playing my music over my Apple TV waiting for Damien to come up with a solution (.18). Happy to have this backup solution, but the sound quality is very standard.

14 minutes ago, jos said:

Hi Joerg, for sure it's a fault in the new .17 software version. I did some reconfiguring and rebooting at my DNLA streamer software/device (Sonicorbitor 2.7), but that did not give a solution. So now I'm playing my music over my Apple TV waiting for Damien to come up with a solution (.18). Happy to have this backup solution, but the sound quality is very standard.

It has something to do with this 'workaround change', I believe...

What's New in Audirvana

Version 3.5.17: 
  • Fix offline configuration with some Audio Units
  • Workaround for smooth playback with network players not fully compatible with UPnP standard
1 hour ago, Joerg D said:

Hello Jos, thanks for your mail. I'm back to 3.5.16 with the Time Machine and the streamer is recognized immediately. Good that there is the Time Machine.

Joerg

Thanks Joerg! I did not think about that, but I will make this restore too.

2 hours ago, damien78 said:

Sure, and I'll need the detailed error message on UPnP init from the system logs?
For that, can you:
1.    Launch the Console application
2.    Enter "UPnP:" in the field at the top right to display only the lines related to UPnP
3.    Launch Audirvana
4.    Copy the displayed lines
5.    Paste the text in a PM to me

This will be very useful to me in order to better understand what is happening on your Mac.

Got this:

standaard    00:34:00.329622 +0200    Audirvana    UPnP: Unable to initialize UPnP stack at all (not connected to network?), aborting, error: -203