IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, hykhleif said:

edit: I updated my software its responding better now, but my macbook is running hot and the fans are on like crazy

also audeze reval plugin does not work

i am using chord hugo2 as dac and ifi ican pro amp and hifiman headphones 

For your MacBook running hot please reset SMC:

How to Reset SMC on MacBook Air & MacBook Pro (2018 or later)
  1. Go to the  Apple menu and choose “Shut Down” to turn off the Mac.
  2. After the Mac is turned off, press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds.
  3. Release holding the power button, then wait a few more seconds.
  4. Now press the Power button again to turn the Mac on.

Good luck,

Roch

On 4/30/2019 at 6:13 PM, Bob Stern said:

My understanding is that resetting SMC solves the problem of the fans running fast even when the Mac is cool.  In this case, the Mac is hot, so the fans are running fast for good reason, so I don’t think resetting SMC is relevant.

I suggest opening Activity Monitor and sorting by CPU usage to see what process is consuming 90% or more CPU.  If it's not obvious that a particular process is at fault, try restarting the Mac while holding down the Shift key until the Apple logo appears.  This clears caches.  Then restart the Mac a 2nd time normally, without the Shift key.

I had similar issues on my Mac (between others) after Mojave (10.4) install, solved by SMC reset, and non atribuible to Audirvarna 3.5

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Roch

42 minutes ago, infonut said:

I switched from 3.0.? to 3.5.7 on Saturday.  I soon realized that there was a significant and unexpected improvement in sound quality.  I'm surprised and delighted with how my system sounds now but I wonder if this change is temporary or permanent.   Is 3.5 optimized for the current version of Mohave?  Will the sound quality slowly deteriorate as Apple updates the operating system?   Do other users typically experience a degradation in Audirvana sound quality as Apple updates the operating system until there is a major update to Audirvana?

Carpe Diem ‼️

Roch

1 hour ago, DancingSea said:

They were suggested as generally good ones for taming Audirvana brightness, if that's an issue....

Which Audirvana brightness?

We could talk about listening equipment brightness , or tinnitus of some users ...

Roch

19 hours ago, DancingSea said:

Well, of course, this is subjective.

Precisely!😂

19 hours ago, DancingSea said:

But over in the Amarra thread, there has been an observation about A+ for years that its too bright compared to Amarra.  Of course, Amarra has a long list of its own sins, but to a certain contingent, A+ has always leaned bright.  And yes, system variables make it a less than precise observation.

Still there is Amarra? I bought and used its first versions but then discarded it. It was 'good' camouflaging horrible recordings, then I decided that those are impossible to repair, an insult to the ear and simply discard them. As for HQ Player I find that it is very good, as long as the WIndows drivers are used through NAA, with all the complications that this implies when using Mac, two computers, etc.

Honestly it is not my habitude to refer to other music players in another's player thread, I had to make them in order to answer you.

I am more than happy with Audirvana 3.5. I have not had problems with my libraries. I listen to the recordings in the format that is original, be it PCM or DSD. I do upsampling to the maximum that the OS and the DAC allow me. I think Mojave (10.4) is the best OS for Audirvana 3.5. I do not use SoX, my favorite is still iZotope.

Chacun son goût ...

Cheers !

Roch

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Jud said:

I'm thinking there has to be some sort of interaction going on with your setup. 

Now I've only got 10,000 or so tracks, and lots of people have many times more albums than that.  (I've only ripped about 10% of my collection - the rest will wait until a spare moment or until I retire.)  But using a mid-2009 MacBook Pro that's running a patched version of Mojave - so surely an underpowered situation compared to just about everyone else here - searches in 3.5 are instant.  Scrolling is just very slightly hesitant (with local library, though not Qobuz), but I'm sure that's due to the ancient hardware running a patched OS.

I assume you have more modern hardware, but might be dealing with more content.  AFAIK, there are people with more than 100K albums running Audirvana without issue.

Obviously this isn't helping your current situation.  But I don't think the UI slowness is something inherent in Audirvana itself.

The same here, Audirvana running without problems, under Mojave !

What I have found over the years, is that it is not the best to run the different audio players within the same HD.

What I do is have several partitions within the HD, each with the audio player that I want to evaluate, thus avoiding any possible interaction between the different audio players.

I consider that at least, when changing from one audioplayer to another there must be a restart of the PC, in case the partitions that I mentioned are not used.

I have also found that sometimes it is necessary to relate a clean OS installation.

Roch

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, RemiStewart said:

I am not able to search my library using symbols such as fullstops or dashes. This is quite inconvenient as a lot of my albums and artist names contain them. Is there some workaround? Thanks!

I have the same problem but with braille characters ...!

Roch

• 2 months later...
52 minutes ago, greyscale said:

Have one track in A+ that shows in the wrong Genre. How to change Genre metedata? Is this done in Mac or A+?.

Thanks

In my country they eliminated the Genre of the identity card, that is issued when the citizen is twelve years old. I hope they don't do it with music, because I don't think it can decide what their Genre is🤔

Roch

P.S.: You ripper determine the Genre but you can change on it.