IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

Bug Report:

1- Leave any tracks active in the play queue:

642915257_Playqueue.thumb.jpg.850459b050dff4b7fd504c1358f968d6.jpg

2- Perform a library sync (method #1 - accessed from the "gear" icon, upper right corner).

3- Your library file which includes these same tracks will be corrupted with duplication:

Library.thumb.jpg.67e5372b1efe66cd565d2bf7adcae949.jpg

I can do this consistently.

4- You have to close Audirvana enter finder (~ Library/ Application Support/Audirvana/AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite) and trash the AudirvanaPlusDatabaseV2:

AudirvanPlusDatabaseV2.sqlite.jpg.195ade83b0aacaef8e85a09ea35239c6.jpg

5- When you reopen Audirvana you asked to migrate your library. This then fixes the duplication:

970360399_FixedLibrary.thumb.jpg.39a71f8d9098c60188f7be0189c56d73.jpg

Apologies if this bug has been reported in the previous 36 pages.

I keep A+Remote open on my iPad if that has anything to do with anything.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

21 minutes ago, Jud said:

Is it a bug that syncing with a database/library that is in use at the time causes corruption? My own feeling is that this isn't a bug and syncing should be done while the database is not in use.  But I am not Damien,.

Depends on what your definition of "in use" is.

In my case, I opened A+, and added some items from my library to the play queue. I then went searching for new items to add, realized that I needed to sync them to see them and that was how the the duplication occurred.

I'm not convinced that my use of Audirvana is out of the ordinary and therefore consider it a bug. @damien78 ???

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

17 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I'm not sure how you all are using A+ to have all these problems. I am using it with zero problems in 10.14.5 with Direct Mode enabled and sounding awesome!

Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 1.07.30 PM.png

Which is why I documented exactly what I was doing, stepwise with attachments.

If I can replicate my "bug" consistently and you can't, then I need to know what is at fault with my setup.

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

@rodrigaj

How are you adding tracks to the queue?  Why are you syncing while playing and searching for other tracks to play?

I add tracks to the queue from A+Remote by tapping on the track while in the "browser" section of A+Remote.

I am not syncing while playing nor when I am searching.

Here is the sequence of what happened:

I had added another CD to the NAS library and Audirvana did not sync. (it is on "Auto")

I loaded up the queue from A+Remote with some tracks that were in the library

I tried to add to the queue from A+Remote and from the new CD that was now in the NAS library

I realized that the sync had not occurred since the new CD was not visible in the A+ library.

I went to my computer to sync A+

After the sync, the CD was visible, but I discovered that the duplication had taken place on the tracks that had been in queue.

No music playing, the tracks that were duplicated were merely "sitting" in the play queue.

The obvious solution is to never leave tracks in queue while Audirvana syncs, but this seems like a bug. Why do I have to keep clearing the play queue?

1 hour ago, Sumo said:

Wow! Great sound with new 3.5 version.   But also wow are there bugs everywhere.  Loss of proper iTunes integrated mode functionality is a deal breaker for me.  Sticking with 3.2.16 for the time being.  Sigh.

Same here. Great sound but the duplication of tracks was the deal breaker for me. I went back to 3.2.16 .

54 minutes ago, JML said:

3.5.10 now doesn't automatically refresh the monitored folders when launched. ... Anyone else see this behavior?

Yes, I saw it. It was what initially caused my duplication problem which I summarized in post #910.

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, CoolHand said:

To prevent glitches during sample rate changes (which occur irrespective of Mute During Sample Rate Change setting), do not activate Integer Mode.

I don't see a Preferences selection for Integer Mode in Audirvana 3.5. Am I missing something?

7 hours ago, Musicophile said:

...I believe you are working on an update of the iOS remote app. Can you give us a sneak peak of any new features/changes coming?...

+1

iOS Remote is my only interface to Audirvana 3.5. As a classical music listener, I would love to read the full track titles in my Play Queue (Left side of app). Dynamic font sizes, that change as needed would be a welcome feature. I got used to this feature with the Lumin app and sorely miss it.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, S.Magus said:

Well, what can I say, you solved my problem! I'm using Screen Sharing on my macbook and I didn't know that left column even existed...

...:It only shows how inexperienced I am with the desktop app which I only use when working on the library, sorting out metadata etc. So that's that sorted. Thanks. 🙂 

Inexperience has nothing to do with it.

I just recreated the problem you were having (the pushed left screen) while in Screen Sharing and it was not easy getting it back. Nor was it at all clear that the slide back even existed. And I knew it should be there. I kept increasing and decreasing the size of the Screen Share, not the left screen of Audirvana.

Finally, I had to put my Screen Share in full screen and then was able to slide it back.