IGNORED

J River issue

13 minutes ago, HIFI said:

About all I do is add album artist then XLD extract.

Paul.... look at these two photos.  One is the song that is in question and the other is a song from same cd rip.  Do you see matching data?  If they match then I don’t see why it’s not just showing like the other songs on album show . . . And play

image.jpg

As Paul suspected, it's a metadata issue.

"Native Dance" is missing the album name, song name, and artist information so JRiver has no way to know that it is part of your ALMA album.

There should be an album in JRiver called "Unassigned" containing all of these orphan files.

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 7.32.26 PM.png

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

6 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

As Paul suspected, it's a metadata issue.

"Native Dance" is missing the album name, song name, and artist information so JRiver has no way to know that it is part of your ALMA album.

There should be an album in JRiver called "Untitled" (I think) containing all of these orphan files.

Ok.... I see that there is no album name.  Went to untitled folder and saw some files but not this one or anything else I’m looking for.  The folder has some files but old stuff.  I also have a folder labeled UNTITLED.  It’s empty.  

So.... I will ask....do you have any other suggestions where I can find a bunch of lost songs that I can label correctly?

My System TWO SPEAKERS AND A CHAIR

Not a folder on your hard drive but an album within JRiver called "Unassigned":

1900075476_ScreenShot2019-03-13at7_32_26PM.png.ed80179f7bf6aed16b003c7092491641.png

If you can't find within Jriver, you can modify the metadata of the file(s) directly using a program like Yate and Tag and JRiver should then add the missing track(s) to the right album next time it does an Auto Import.

So maybe this is a dumb question....

If it is missing album name, artist ,song....why did my XLD rip it and place it so perfectly in my destination library folder with the othe ten songs?

image.jpg

My System TWO SPEAKERS AND A CHAIR

Just now, HIFI said:

Got it.  Found the song and a bunch of others

Now the fun begins... Hope there's not too many. :)

43 minutes ago, HIFI said:

About all I do is add album artist then XLD extract.

Paul.... look at these two photos.  One is the song that is in question and the other is a song from same cd rip.  Do you see matching data?  If they match then I don’t see why it’s not just showing like the other songs on album show . . . And play

image.jpg

Well, just from a glance, and it is hard to really tell, but the one on the left does not appear to have any album information at all embedded in it. Is it the one that will not play? 

The one on the right does. I am looking at the "More Info" section. 

You might want to try looking at them in JRMC, I believe it will parse the information out for you a little better. 

--- 

Should have read the rest of the thread first, I see KumaKuma has helped you along there. Glad that you found them!  :)

You can do an open folder as album in XLD, navigate to the physical folder, and then it makes it pretty easy to edit the metadata for all the files in that folder at one time.  Do set XLD to embed the metadata. Also, make a habit of checking the metadata just before you rip the disc. It only takes a second and avoids a lot of frustration later on. 

Let us know if you need help and enjoy those albums!

-Paul 

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

8 minutes ago, Paul R said:

Well, just from a glance, and it is hard to really tell, but the one on the left does not appear to have any album information at all embedded in it. Is it the one that will not play? 

The one on the right does. I am looking at the "More Info" section. 

You might want to try looking at them in JRMC, I believe it will parse the information out for you a little better. 

--- 

Should have read the rest of the thread first, I see KumaKuma has helped you along there. Glad that you found them!  :)

You can do an open folder as album in XLD, navigate to the physical folder, and then it makes it pretty easy to edit the metadata for all the files in that folder at one time.  Do set XLD to embed the metadata. Also, make a habit of checking the metadata just before you rip the disc. It only takes a second and avoids a lot of frustration later on. 

Let us know if you need help and enjoy those albums!

-Paul 

Good advice and good call on the metadata being the problem, Paul.