IGNORED

J River issue

I burn a cd and can see files (song) in my destination folder on hard drive.

In some random result my J River does not recognize files (song) as I go to play an album. 

I have attached a couple example of the J River display left and destination folder right.  It's clear I have file it just is not showing in J River app .... Therefore I can not play back using J River.

is there a refresh button? 😬

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

My System TWO SPEAKERS AND A CHAIR

• 2 weeks later...

I would be glad to try and help, but I am unclear exactly what the issue is. What happens when you click on one the Keb songs in JRiver? Does it say the file cannot be found? Or does it try to play it but no sound comes out? Or does it flip through every song in the album in a few seconds? Something else? 

-Paul 

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

6 minutes ago, Paul R said:

I would be glad to try and help, but I am unclear exactly what the issue is. What happens when you click on one the Keb songs in JRiver? Does it say the file cannot be found? Or does it try to play it but no sound comes out? Or does it flip through every song in the album in a few seconds? Something else? 

-Paul 

I put a cd in.

i use XLD to extract.  XLD works perfect.

xld puts ALL files on my hard drive in the destination folder.

I can see every new file on hard drive in destination folder but media center does not see every file.  Therefore there is no choice to play that one or two missing files on a new cd I have extracted.

it is random.  Not every cd extract shows this issue.  And when there is the issue it could be song 2 or song 11 or song 4 and 10.  

I hope one that helps. 

Thanks in in advance for helping

1 minute ago, HIFI said:

I put a cd in.

I can see every new file on hard drive in destination folder but media center does not see every file.  Therefore there is no choice to play that one or two missing files on a new cd I have extracted.

it is random.  Not every cd extract shows this issue.  And when there is the issue it could be song 2 or song 11 or song 4 and 10.  

I hope one that helps. 

I see a lot of problems with XLD here at AS. 

Please remove the files created by XLD, start over with JRiver ripper or dbpoweramp for macOS.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Have you tried File > Library > Import > Run Auto-Import Now within JRiver to rescan your library?

I assume you've added the drive/folders containing your music in Configure Auto-Import.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

3 minutes ago, One and a half said:

Please remove the files created by XLD, start over with JRiver ripper or dbpoweramp for macOS.

I've ripped thousands of CDs with XLD without any problems at all. It is an extremely solid program in my experience.

4 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

Have you tried File > Library > Import > Run Auto-Import Now within JRiver to rescan your library?

Just tried that.

see results in photo attached.  No change...

image.jpg

Interesting find.....

in in first pic I show media center left and destination folder right.  Track 9 (Native Dance) does not appear in media center but it is clearly in library folder.

using my j river app on iPad I searched that missing song and found it and played it.  See next pic.

image.jpg

52C6143F-E990-47AC-84AF-C423F0936904.png

14 minutes ago, HIFI said:

Just tried that.

see results in photo attached.  No change...

image.jpg

What tasks do you have set for Auto-Import?

Here's what I've got:

1960407023_ScreenShot2019-03-13at7_03_00PM.png.6c24b2e7dc02923b3c7c20a69cc6bdbc.png

1 minute ago, STC said:

Have you tried checking whether the format is associated with JRiver?  

I’m not sure what you are asking but the other 10 files work perfectly 

1 minute ago, HIFI said:

Looking in library at this file “info” it appears I have all meta data correct

image.jpg

I assume you can also play it from JRiver using "Open With" from the Finder.

35 minutes ago, HIFI said:

I put a cd in.

I hope one that helps. 

XLD is an excellent ripper, I have used for thousands of CD Rips too. 

This actually sounds like a metadata problem to me. You might look at a track listing, and see if the missing tracks are really there, but just assigned to the wrong album.

Are you having XLD embed the meta data into each file? That is a good idea I think, and not doing that usually is the cause of problems like you describe here at my place. 

I am on on an iPad, so screen shots are tough right now, but holler back if you need help finding the settings in XLD to do that. 

-Paul

Robert A. Heinlein

35 minutes ago, One and a half said:

Those are fine ripping programs. I much prefer XLD, but either of those, or even iTunes will do great jobs too. 

-Paul

Robert A. Heinlein

5 minutes ago, Paul R said:

This actually sounds like a metadata problem to me. You might look at a track listing, and see if the missing tracks are really there, but just assigned to the wrong album.

I had the same thought.

Try looking at the metadata of the file using something like Yate to make sure that the album name and artist match the other tracks on the album.

4 minutes ago, HIFI said:

I don’t know how to do what you ask in your question 

Go to the file in the Finder, right click on it, select Open With, and then the program (Media Center 19) you want to open it with. 

2 minutes ago, Paul R said:

XLD is an excellent ripper, I have used for thousands of CD Rips too. 

Are you having XLD embed the meta data into each file? That is a good idea I think, and not doing that usually is the cause of problems like you describe here at my place. 

I am on on an iPad, so screen shots are tough right now, but holler back if you need help finding the settings in XLD to do that. 

-Paul

About all I do is add album artist then XLD extract.

Paul.... look at these two photos.  One is the song that is in question and the other is a song from same cd rip.  Do you see matching data?  If they match then I don’t see why it’s not just showing like the other songs on album show . . . And play

image.jpg