IGNORED

Music Hall Busted Like Lexicon (Oppo)?

Well I guess MH could claim you get better support, international dealer network, etc. 

Hey, it also looks more audiophile in black vs red. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

2 hours ago, mansr said:

And now there's this: https://www.psaudio.com/products/noise-harvester/

The Tice clock would at least tell the time.

That isn't new, it's been around a long time. I don't remember where, but I did see a review once where they had measurements that showed less noise on the line when these were plugged in. Don't remember any of the details, I'm sure you could find it if you are interested.

Main setup: Surge protectors +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Protection>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three BXT (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

1 hour ago, Paul R said:

Since Roy Hall has not descended upon us like the hellfire spouting mad Scot his is, I have to wonder, does anyone know if he is still okay? I have not heard rumblings from him in quite some time... 

Just in case, y’all absolutely know what his evaluation and advice would be, right? (Grin) 

He writes a monthly column in the PS Audio magazine (not about audio). So apparently he is fine.

9 hours ago, esldude said:

So imagine like the guy in the video, you are a customer of Music Hall.  You then find out about the Rolls VP29.  Would you think okay good or would you think maybe somebody was being a little less than honest and owed you $29?  And would you find yourself thinking, "I can trust Music Hall to put out good gear.  I'll be very likely to just go with what they offer in the future", or alternatively, "Music Hall are a bunch of trickie dickies.  I'll be careful if I buy anything else from them.  More than likely I'll not buy from them in the future."

Now I've a couple microphones that are similar to this product.  Chinese, lots of companies put their name on them.  One company says it does additional quality checks and does change a few components.  Also unlike some of the other companies they are very transparent about what they are doing.  Some others sell the same mike for a little less, some sell it for more.  I was not bothered by that because they were very straightforward about it all.  I knew what I was getting.  So I don't feel like I need to keep a super close eye on them about pulling a fast one.

I wouldn't think they owe me $29, I'd think I'm not the smartest consumer and they aren't the most transparent company. And yes, I'd probably double check after that anything before I buy from them.
It's doubly curious, because they sell other items under the Bellari brand that are also made by Rolls and don't rebrand them. Maybe they felt somehow it was vital to have a low cost phono preamp in their lineup.