IGNORED

GentooPlayer

8 minutes ago, Aberrant-Decoder said:

When you guys use upnp, kazoo etc, does that mean your system is just one computer, not server and end point?

In my configuration I have
Nuc8i3/Ubuntu 20.04 where MinimServer and Bubbleupnpserver are installed
2 raspberry pi4/4GB where GentooPlayer (MPD/Upmpdcli) is installed, one of them is for my headphones (Khadas Tone Board dac and Little Dot Mk II tube amp), the other is for a little desktop system

SOtM sms-200 Neo (for the main system)

Lumin app as control point

.... I have a huge music library and a raspberry is too slow to manage it

.... then one server and three endpoint

Stefano

My audio system

26 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

but I don't understand one thing where you set the quality of tidal streaming

If you use Bubbleupnpserver you set the streaming quality in the openhome renderer configuration in Bubbleupnpserver

if you don’t use Bubbleupnpserver you have to set the quality, and the login informations as well, in the upmpdcli configuration file

Stefano

My audio system

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

I'll put online version 2.15

On version 2.14 you added the GP icon that was a fine surprise but ... if I run GP in ram (mode 2 on rpi4, from usb) the icon disappears from the control point.

I suspect this is due to the path where the icon is stored as when I did myself the modification using the same path of the standard upmpdcli.conf  the icon visibility was not impacted running GP in ram.

Hope you can fix it in the next 2.15

Thank you

Stefano

My audio system

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, altsouza said:

How to config (access) minimserver from win Pc

You need to install Minimwatch 

https://minimserver.com/ug-running.html#MinimServer and MinimWatch

Minimwatch lets you configure MinimServer from “remote” (i.e. another pc on your lan).

In the user guide you’ll find everything you need to know about MinimServer and how to configure it

https://minimserver.com/userguide.html

Stefano

My audio system

@OPM if you main computer is a pc with Windows10 follow these instructions to enable ssh, it is needed to open a shell

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/hpc/How-To-Use-SSH-Client-and-Server-on-Windows-10-1470/

if you are on Mac then open Terminal app located in Utilities and type 

ssh [email protected] of the GentooPlayer raspberry

hit enter and type raspiroot

hit enter again

now you are in the shell and you can type the command @antonellocaroli told you

Stefano

My audio system

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
17 minutes ago, Powerman said:

But what a horrible app. Can't believe a music player app can have such terrible functionality.

Could you elaborate your feelings about the Lumïn app? 
I’m using it since a couple of years and I do find that it is the best app compared to Linn, Kazoo, MConnect Player.

Maybe you are not using Minimserver with which Lumïn app do give its best … one feature I like more is the cross reference starting from Artists, Work, Composer, Genre, Conductor in the track details … while listening to a track you can find with just a tap all the albums related to the Artist or Conductor or Composer or different recordings of the same Composer’s Work … it’s just a matter of configure Minimserver ( … but your tracks must be fully tagged … not a job for lazy people .. 😉)

Stefano

My audio system

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Powerman said:

Thank you, me too. Because I am ditching the desktop and setting up a real 2 ch downstairs. I can take my laptop to stream, but the phone would be super easy. I do listen a lot to my files and pick one and play is pretty darn simple.

Maybe you just need to properly setup the app, check the single/double tap settings. Here is the user guide https://luminmusic.com/manual/app-introduction.html

Stefano

My audio system