IGNORED

GentooPlayer

@antonellocaroli At first thank you for your great work. Today I have tested the new feature "Set Ramsystem End Point"
My endpoint is a holo audio red with gentooplayer and diretta (Diratta Target).
If I choose "Only Diretta Target" and that per ssh  ramsystem_enable the Red will not start again.
I have to disable the ramsystem per ssh to start the red.

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530 on LPS, cat 8(SOTM)  to SOTM Switch, all other internet behind a other switch, Fiber  to Melco S100 Switch modified with Pink Faun OCXO Ultra, Fiber to DIY-Server with Solarflare x2522 Nic, JCAT USB XE with JCAT OCXO, Sinopure USB Cabel to Mola Mola Tambaqui, Transparent Interconnect to Holo Audio Bliss (as preamp) SPL S800 power amp feeding a Hifiman Susvara

All Switches and JCAT USB XE (Card and OCXO) powered by LPS (Plixir)

8 hours ago, abase said:

@antonellocaroli At first thank you for your great work. Today I have tested the new feature "Set Ramsystem End Point"
My endpoint is a holo audio red with gentooplayer and diretta (Diratta Target).
If I choose "Only Diretta Target" and that per ssh  ramsystem_enable the Red will not start again.
I have to disable the ramsystem per ssh to start the red.

what do you mean by not restarting, that you don't reach the webinterface? this is normal with that kind of ramsystem...

I see the ROON section of the software states:  x86 only?

Is it not possible to enable this for Raspberry Pi 4b CPUs?

The Cape Town Hi-Fi Club.  Achieve astonishing sound
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2, Devialet 440CI, REL sub, ML Electromotion, 2 x Dachshunds

6 hours ago, antonellocaroli said:

what do you mean by not restarting, that you don't reach the webinterface? this is normal with that kind of ramsystem...

That was not clear to me ;-)
I have tested it again and it works now - I had to switch off and switch on the red to work with the ramsystem.

ISP, glass to Fritz!box 5530 on LPS, cat 8(SOTM)  to SOTM Switch, all other internet behind a other switch, Fiber  to Melco S100 Switch modified with Pink Faun OCXO Ultra, Fiber to DIY-Server with Solarflare x2522 Nic, JCAT USB XE with JCAT OCXO, Sinopure USB Cabel to Mola Mola Tambaqui, Transparent Interconnect to Holo Audio Bliss (as preamp) SPL S800 power amp feeding a Hifiman Susvara

All Switches and JCAT USB XE (Card and OCXO) powered by LPS (Plixir)

Roon will use the Gentooplayer with Shairport Sync.  This is how Tidal works

Giving it a 14 day trial to see how it works

At the moment, a 4Tb SSD works very well indeed, but must give it a try.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2, Devialet 440CI, REL sub, ML Electromotion, 2 x Dachshunds

It was poor.  The first track played but when the second started, there was a buzzing sound

Then ROON would not see the Gentooplayer any more

11 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

I don't see any error screens, but if you have activated some twks, it might not work...
see a few places above...

strangely I didn't enabled any new tricks, same seetings as before, only the update to the last system version.

1 hour ago, antonellocaroli said:

image.png.47572e37190e143984c2907b1264d257.png

this is the reason, either you keep that enabled or you can use the governor setting, both do not go well together...

Thanks, I had seen these new tweaks but didn't change the enable/disable, as it is not always easy to understand what it does.