IGNORED

GentooPlayer

Hello @antonellocaroli

just tried to activate shairportsync and it works ... but the web interface is gone

ssh is still working

AirPlay is working

mpd/Upmpdcli is working

already cleaned browser cache

rebooted rpi
restarted web interface from terminal (webrestart)

... following the steps of restart seems that nothing is active to be stopped

then restart is issued but web interface is still missing .... seems it is crashing

... what to do?

edit ...... running ver. 2.13 on rpi4 ............

Stefano

My audio system

6 minutes ago, antonellocaroli said:

How did you set up shairport-sync?
if you have not configured it via web interface and left the default port, use the same port as the web interface.

So stop shairport-sync
rc-service shairport-sync stop

restart web interface
rc-service web restart

and configure shairport-sync via web interface

I did set it up using web interface using 5000 port ....

Stefano

My audio system

2 minutes ago, Aberrant-Decoder said:

that port is reserved for the web interface, so the web service cannot start.

.... a little bit of confusion

I started accessing gentooplayer via web on port 5000

then enabled shairport

.... no more web interface

then, following @antonellocaroli instructions I gave "rc-service shairport-sync stop" from terminal and restarted web inteface

that it is now working

but from web interface, in system info, I can see Shairport still active

then went to configure Shairport assigning the output device and not modifying Shairport port (still 5005 as standard)

now the question is why is it still working even if I stopped it and didn't restarted it

Stefano

My audio system

17 minutes ago, shahed99 said:

I can't login to gentooplayer :/ I booted from xfce4 and the graphical GUI asks for username and password. I tried "root" for username and "gentooplayer" for password. Unable to login. Then I went to "http://gentooplayer-s64:5000/" on my browser. Didn't work. I tried to SSH: "ssh root@ip-gentooplayer ". Didn't work. I don't know the IP address. Any help?

Install one of the many apps to scan your network and you’ll be able to find the ip address

Stefano

My audio system

7 minutes ago, shahed99 said:

After I ssh into gentooplayer and type "gp-menu" and select option 1 for players, these are the player option that comes up. No HQPlayer Desktop in the list.

[1]  Squeezelite
 [2]  Squeezelite-R2
 [3]  Networkaudiod
 [4]  Mpd
 [5]  RoonBridge
 [6]  LogitechMediaServer
 [7]  RoonServer
 [8]  HQPlayer Embedded
 [9]  Upmpdcli
 [10] Bubbleupnp
 [11] Main Menu
 [0]  Exit

Also, how do I access/change HQP embedded settings like upsampling configuration?

Not using hqplayer but here some instructions from the user guide

Once booted up, you can use the web configuration interface from another computer or login as "root" (no password) from console. Default username for web interface is "hqplayer" and default password is "password". Please change the password as soon as possible, either through the web interface, or from command line using command "hqplayerd -s username password". The image will attempt to appear under name "hqplayer" on the network, but you can also see the obtained IP adress using command "ifconfig".
Additional documentation can be found in /usr/share/hqplayer/readme.txt

https://www.signalyst.com/embedded-install.html

Stefano

My audio system

7 minutes ago, shahed99 said:

Thank you kindly! I was able to navigate to the HQP embedded web interface by going to the same IP address as gentooplayer and then using port 8088. This is a great progress. Thank you everyone :) 

I definitely need to find a way to run HQPlayer Desktop as I've the license for it and none for embedded.

Contact Signalyst,  they will solve your problem

Stefano

My audio system

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, DomieMic65 said:

what are the best specs for a NUC to run gentooplayer as server?

to run LMS, minimserver, and may be jriver

thank you!

I’m running MinimServer on a NUC8i3 with 8GB ram, I deployed Minimstreamer to transcode/upsample up to wav 24/384 and this is a screenshot of the activity monitor (see attached image). The screenshot is taken while playing some music. If you think to upsample up to DSD with JRiver I think a NUC8i5 should be better. NUC8i5 have a high reputation in terms of power.

Hope this can help

0291FC21-4CA2-4C10-BA33-B101186B0A7E.jpeg

Stefano

My audio system