IGNORED

Fas42’s Stereo ‘Magic’

Frank is genuinely onto something that many thousands of others know about, havedone, and has been stated explicitly and concisely long ago.

And NO - you are completely wrong that sound emanates from a single point in nature.  That is so common sense and obvious that I did not continue to read your OP

16 hours ago, PeterSt said:

Hmm ... that would indeed have properties I like (feel the stuff and you can hear the sound). But, it will age and could be too dry / too hard. FWIW, his is what I consider the best means of footer for what one can buy :

Foam01.thumb.png.a17d4e25cc1e686b4aebacdba07a0142.png

If you look close at the bottom block, you say layers. It is about that. Plus of course the material itself, which is anti static foam. This too ages somewhat (may get pressed-in after a while and depending on how the device's footer presses into it, hence the supporting surface).

There has been one individual somewhere who created the exact right "kristalline" footers. They were quite expensive, but I didn't care about that. What I did care about is that the guy vanished before I could order with him.

I think I spent a year throughput in finding the best material for footers and make something myself. Now the fun where all comes together (for my silly own stories) http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=2838.msg30071#msg30071

That is in a thread which is all about the floating DAC experience and if you scroll back many pages, you'll see that this was put up as a riddle for people and how the first one who could tell what I was up to, could win a prize.

That prize was : my own creation of the best footer material, which was sugar of a certain size, that compressed to a certain density, vacuumized in plastic of a certain height and size, and next it was shipped to the winner. He, named Coen, never had been made aware of what it was and probably will have thought it was drugs (3 bags of it).

I never dared to ship this with the NOS1 (which is what these footers were for) because I was sure that at some stage it would turn bad on customs somewhere.

I still use these and it does not age or compress or anything.

Btw, this is not related at all to the sugar cubes I mentioned. That is something entirely different which alters the sound like crazy, but mainly makes it inaccurate (for NOS1 owners).

do you happen to have a vibration reduction vs. freq. graph on that stuff?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
17 hours ago, John Dyson said:

Yea -- I have to fight very serious memory disturbances...  It has gotten in the way of the C4 development until I am fully evaluated in 'disabled' state.  After the evaluation, then I can ask to bring the meds back up to where I can function.  We happened into some meds that allow me to function, but they aren't the REAL answer.   This is the reason why I am sitting around trying to 'reverse engineer' the DolbyA EQ on old recordings -- it is intended to bide my time until I can start thinking about more complex things again.

This all is part of the story why I had to give everything up in the early 2000s, quitting a 7 figure job, simply because I couldn't remember the logistics needed to do it.  Because of all of the commuting and travel, was seriously considering a timeshare plane.  It is amazing the difference between being almost unlimited in freedom, to being very careful to avoid doing something stupid.

Either, I have to stay on these evil meds or get the problem fixed with the correct meds with a proper and well understood diagnosis.  I live in a world without much/reliable short-term memory.

John

Teresa writes notes to herself.  Another option might be a helper who fills in your memory.  But those may be best for long-term not short term, esp. if you mean working memory.

Best wishes!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/8/2019 at 7:57 PM, sandyk said:

Although I often disagree with Frank, I do find some of his posts of interest.

The signal to noise ratio is incredibly low.  But it is amazing when he pops out a well-reasoned, factual bit of advice, because you've been lulled into a state of rejection by all the other ones.

Moreover, these "signal" posts seem to be increasing lately - I saw 2 just in the past week.

I'm not sure what is happening to cause this change, maybe it is Hawking radiation?

2 hours ago, fas42 said:

Most likely the dense smoke from the suite of bushfires running rampant at the moment ... 😛. This morning, the worst it's ever been - can only see to the first ridge of the Blue Mtns view we have ...

Gotta point to the good ones, Ralph - so I know how I can suck you in, 😀.

fires will get worse - sad to say

now lemme see... was it one about speakers?  maybe cone speakers, and a couple of days ago