IGNORED

EarSpace!!!!

Blake

On 10/9/2018 at 11:41 PM, esldude said:

We never did discuss the sound of the video in the original post.  

So can we get back on topic.  

The bass was tubby, loose and might not have been excessive had there been a counterbalancing treble.  But the treble was pushed far down to me.  The vocal range and just above (yes I know there were no vocals in places) sounded recessed as if a dip in frequency occurs there.  The upper midrange seemed somewhat excessive though maybe with a fleshed out midrange it would have been mostly okay.  So I'm hearing a tubby uncontrolled bottom end, recessed midrange and annoying upper midrange with no treble to speak of above that. 

Over speakers I heard about the same frequency balance with a one dimensional sound strung left to right not unlike the headphones.  The upper midrange bite was not so apparent over speakers.  

Over speakers:  

-Bass did seem a bit loose to me as well, particularly on the first track

-Treble was too recessed, to the point of almost being MIA

-No soundstage depth, it was flat and I agree it was similar to a headphone soundstage (although the second track was not as bad as the others)

Having said the above, I am totally unfamiliar with the music.  Perhaps as she records other setups, using the same tracks, we can begin to develop some sort of very rough "baseline" subject to multiple caveats.

I have no doubt the system sounds different and MUCH better in person. I have not heard DeVore speakers but I know that they are generally highly regarded.

I still need to listen on headphones (which is what Jana suggested in her intro).

I don't have the expertise on this point, but others in this thread certainly do (esldude, Mitchco, STC)- I am wondering if anyone has any helpful suggestions to provide to Jana that might improve her protocol and perhaps provide them in the commentary to her YouTube Channel?  I really think she should be encouraged and supported in this project.  It may never be perfect, but I think it is a great idea.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

11 hours ago, esldude said:

The best series I've seen in terms of being a bit useful are those done by this outfit SonicSense. 

Thanks for posting this.  I found that site a few years ago but had not been back to the site for some time and I was trying to remember what it was so I could post it here.  

What I am hoping is that this thread will result in some ideas Jana can implement for her EarSpace project in the future.  

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

• 1 month later...

Jana posted two more installments: