IGNORED

Lush^2 - Share your configuration experiences

33 minutes ago, rickca said:

Here is a recent comment from Alex.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/49599-a-proposal-the-objectivist-audio-review-magazine/?do=findComment&comment=862198

I'm not sure the JSSG 360 tweak of the original Lush cable changed the preferred ISO REGEN/Lush setup ... maybe @lmitche can comment.  However, the connection configuration flexibility of Lush^2 warrants a re-evaluation of the best way to combine them.

Hi Rick,

No, I haven't reevaluated the iso regen position with the jssg360 lush innovation. My power cable for the iso regen is too short.

Larry

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

One of the practices of Naim Audio is to create a star grounding scheme between various components despite use of multiple outboard power supplies. In order the achieve this scheme, proprietary interconnect cables are used with multiconductor din connectors. These cables are also directional with screening connected to ground at only one end of the cable. Therefore when assembling a system black bands on the cable are used to mark the end that should be connected to the signal source.

Knowing this, I was surprised when John Swenson suggested that both ends of the screen meet at the endpoints with no connection to ground. Nevertheless John's scheme certainly works well here.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, BigAlMc said:

I've yet to try the Lush^2 on the JSSG360 config

The original jssg360(lush) config has the two outside shields connected at the ends with no connection to ground at either side. As we haven't dissected the Lush cable, we don't know if there is another inner shield and if so how it was connected. Therefore we need Peter to tell us what lush^2 config most closely resembles jssg360(lush).

Just now, BigAlMc said:

Hey Larry,

The paper guide that comes with the Lush^2 includes on config that Peter describes as being the JSSG360 config. So it was that one I had in mind.

But still be great if Peter can elaborate on the potential shielding improvements.

Cheers,

Alan

Hi Alan,

Thanks, having re-read Peter's response to Rajiv above it seems that  A: B-W & Y-R, B: B-W & Y-R is the closest to original jssg360(lush) config.

Maybe Peter can confirm?

Thanks,

Larry

Peter,

I am a bit confused about notation here:

ROCH used  A: A: B-Y & W-R, B: B-Y & W-R

Later you used  A: B-W & Y-R, B: B-W & Y-R

While I appreciate that these are two different configurations, isn't Rochs use of A:A: in the first term a typo and that he meant A: B-Y & W-R, B: B-Y & W-R which would be equivalent and consistent with your notation?

I'm not trying to be a jerk about a typo, just trying to learn the notation and may have missed something.

Thanks,

Larry

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, PeterSt said:

Frank, what that is about is an entirely different matter. With that cable there's no insulation at all (unless a bit of air) so although it would do "something" as well, it can't be about the JSSG 360 or Lush^2 for that matter because the shields just all conduct. And whether that conduction changes with bending ... maybe a little. It would be similar to me not liking stranded cables "technically". Not because of bending and changed properties (that won't happen in that case for real) but because of multiple conductive paths (chaotic like). I suppose that is between my ears ...

Fact check: there is indeed an aluminized polyester insulation layer between individual shields in the Gotham cable. That cable can and has been used by many to create a jssg360 DC power cable. One can even buy a commercial version.

In theory it could be used to create a USB cable as well, but to my knowledge no one has done so.

It was used by @Quadman to create a "tweakable" dc power cable long before the lush^2.

6 hours ago, PeterSt said:

So you have three shields. And this part is always  (fixed) in it A: B-W, B: B-W

You'd have two shields to play with though.

Right ?

Right! Sorry for the mistake and lack of precision. Here you go:

A: B-W & Y-R B: B-W & Y-R

Rajiv, you have this already.

41 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

And then I still think something is not right, because this (A: B-W & Y-R B: B-W & Y-R) would be your (!) normal Lush^1-JSSG-360 configuration.

Or am I mistaking now ?

Yes Peter, you are with me now. Did you try the normal Lush^1 JSSG360 configuration with the Lush^2?

(that was hard!)

4 hours ago, lmitche said:

Right! Sorry for the mistake and lack of precision. Here you go:

A: B-W & Y-R B: B-W & Y-R

Rajiv, you have this already.

33 minutes ago, rickca said:

Wow, am I ever confused now!  What is the normal Lush^1 JSSG360 configuration in Peter's notation?  I thought Peter was saying that it is A: B-W & Y-R B: B-W & Y-R.  

Yes, and I agree with his notation. See above.

14 minutes ago, rickca said:

So why did you ask Peter 

Did you try the normal Lush^1 JSSG360 configuration with the Lush^2?

Peter has already said he finds it mediocre compared to his favorite configurations.

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/49648-lush2-share-your-configuration-experiences/?do=findComment&comment=876330

Sorry. I didn't recognize "But this is "mediocre" today. Haha." as a direct answer to my question.

30 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

Oh boy ... :)

@lmitche, this sequence of posts starts with your "hooray" about a new configuration of your Lush^1-JSSG-360. What you tell about it in the end is the same as the Lush^1-JSSG-360. Unless I am blind.

Lush^1-JSSG-360 is A: B-W & Y-R B: B-W & Y-R

After your hooray change, you report it is A: B-W & Y-R B: B-W & Y-R (yes, I applied paste two times of the same).

In words : inner shield as in original Lush connected to the A and B connector; shield above that (middle shield) and outer shield connected to each other at the end but not connected to the connectors (A and B).

So ???

It is my response to the original JSSG-360 config of the Lush^2. It is not better as the one I am using today. Relatively it is "mediocre". Today I use

A: B-Y & W-R, B: B-Y

which is a more normally behaving setting than the one i used prior to that :

A: B-Y & W-R, B: B-Y & W-R

which is the super holographic etc. etc. as reported by others too (and to which people seem to stick) and which I find "too crazy to be the truth" for realistic reproduction.

Thank you Peter. All is clear now. Apologies for the confusion.

The initial exercise was to test A:B-W & Y-R, B:B-W which is as close as I can get to your current config. That failed.

The SQ increase must-have be from the elimination of the short in what was my first implementation of the jssg360 modification with the Lush cable.

Having now heard the full benefits of the original JSSG360 on the Lush cable for the first time, I wanted to check that those of you with a Lush cable had tested this config.

It is probably best not to be posting here again until a Lush^2 cable is acquired.

1 hour ago, PeterSt said:

Haha, but you have special rights !

39 minutes ago, look&listen said:

Seems all others unconfused, but not me :(  (fell asleep early yesterday)

Still confused about Lush(v2) vs. JSSS-360.

Say JSSS-360 in Lush code-  A: W-R, B: W-R

But Lush always-  A: B-Y & ?, B: B-Y & ?

Ok?

Try to understand more about Through shield connection, subject to much controversy over many years :S

Peter, OK I'll use my special rights here, thanks!

L&L, if you've been reading the latest in this thread no surprise you fell asleep early.

Yes, the "and" of the two coded strings above yields the Lush^1 + jssg360.

7 hours ago, austinpop said:

Larry @lmitche,

So Peter’s terminology, while really clever, seems to expose our latent dyslexia to varying degrees.

Can we go back to what you did on top of:

- original Lush

- original 2 shields comprising JSSG 360?

Could you describe, in a bit more stepwise manner, what you did to get your new high water mark of SQ? That’s really the point, isn’t it!

No need to use Peter’s terminology; words are fine. Please also clarify the total number of tinned braid shields above the yellow sheath of the original Lush.

Does this need to go back to the novel thread, as it’s no longer Lush^2 specific? I’ll leave it up to OP.

Rajiv,

Just to set expectations. I won't be writing any more about the jssg360 topic. I've explained it ad-infinitum. I'm done. If people want more information they can talk to one of the commercial solution vendors.

Best,

Larry

1 hour ago, RickyV said:

Well I am dyslexic, and I am not joking, I am already in and I have no trouble reading StPeter’s code. So get your brain together it’s not that difficult.

The only thing I still have to say is Hail to sellings check and the auto correct.

? live long and prosper 

rick

ps pun intended

Haha, well it takes one to know one! Rajiv figured it out.

Best,

Larry

• 2 weeks later...

Lush^1.5 - Yesterday, I managed to get the seeming favorite A: B-W-Y-R  B: B-W-R  configuration working today with my Lush 1 cable and two layers of tinned copper braid. Easy to do and it indeed delivers a nice SQ improvement. We will see what happens after break-in if anything.