IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Hello, does the community have a view on Qobuz customer service response cycles?

They have been terrible IME, even allowing for time differential and Covid impacts.

Perhaps the worse CS experience ever, in any sector.

I purchased 89 bucks worth of downloads last Thursday, it would not download, so I politely enquired to CS.

I dropped Tidal based on MQA related philosophical differences discussed here on AS, and am on trial review with Qobuz.

Streaming is fine, but my purchase experience is a complete failure.

I'm sure the issue is due to something I am or am not doing correctly, but how about a little help? 

Anyone have a non-email contact pathway (or other suggestion)? Thanks for any help you may offer. 

I'm MarkusBarkus and I approve this post.10C78B47-4B41-4675-BB84-885019B72A8B.thumb.png.adc3586c8cc9851ecc7960401af05782.png

Yes, I see the purchases listed there. I saw the purchases when I originally made them.

My issue was in trying to make the actual download to a windows-based laptop. The downloads failed multiple times, as I explained to Qobuz CS via email. 

I appreciate your replies here @dmackta. I would be happy to take this out of the public forum, if you prefer. That said, if you think it beneficial to the group, carry on.

From my second email to Q (Saturday), replying to some of their questions:

"The transaction was made on a Windows machine, paid with VISA CC. The purchase process was fine.

However, I could never download the files to the machine. It would begin, but never complete.

FYI: there is no Qobuz app on the machine. Is it required? I had planned to download to that machine and transfer to my Aurender ACS10 via USB.

Is this allowed?

I use an iPad to run my Aurender, but I have no idea how to tranfer files from that control iPad to the Aurender. I cannot download direct to Aurender, as I see it.

So far as I understand it, I would need to add files via USB. There is no other computer or NAS device.

Purchase transaction was via WiFi. Download was attempted via WiFi a few times. There was adequate storage on the machine. No bandwidth issues noted. Normal connectivity and bandwidth. Checked other sites, etc.

Is this enough to begin? I suspect I am not fully aware of what you require to download.

Merci,

Mark"

Thank you...

Mark

I'm MarkusBarkus and I approve this post.10C78B47-4B41-4675-BB84-885019B72A8B.thumb.png.adc3586c8cc9851ecc7960401af05782.png

On 1/11/2021 at 1:01 PM, MarkusBarkus said:CD - res appear to download. Hi-res interrupted. Tried individual files too. I will try on a different network/machine at friend's house another time.

I was finally able to download the files I purchased. This was achieved on a laptop that previously failed, but this time used on a different network, so it's not the laptop or browser.

FYI: browser was Firefox.

That said, I do not believe the network was the issue, as I later tried and succeeded in downloading the CD res files at home, *and* the download failed repeatedly on the second network, until we tried track-by-track.

This issue was with the hi-res files, and with archiving related actions.

By selecting the hi-res files a track at a time, it is possible to get the file, but all of the hi-res tracks then came over without meta-data, which is a hassle, and must be added.

In the case of the CD res files, I could download the entire offer as a Tar file. Of course, you also have to download a tool to unpack the files.

For those of you happily using Qobuz, are you going through this process, or are you using the Qobuz app, which I have to assume is a better experience?

Frankly, I don't think I would go through this process a second time. I had intended to purchase the plan that allowed streaming and discounted downloads. I had planned to purchase several things I have been streaming.

Lastly, I have to say, the CS support and UX I had were awful. 

It took days to receive email replies, on multiple occasions. 

The download experience not using the Q app on hi-res files is amateurish. I recognize that is harsh, but wow, that was a klugey series of work-arounds.

Perhaps, downloading/using the app is better? I may try that at some point, but recall: I am on a trial membership, evaluating my potential relationship to a new service.

Streaming: A+

Catalog: A-

Downloading: D-
(since I finally could download, I couldn't grade as F).

Files:

Tardo Hammer: Simple Pleasures--CD.

Tsuyoshi Yamamoto: Speak Low--CD. 
Kenny Dorham: Una Mas--192/

Kenny Dorham: TrompetaToccata--192/

Lee Morgan: The Cooker--192/

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, rando said:

Not entirely sure why Lang Lang or Dragon Songs were undiscoverable using any refinement of the search engine on Qobuz. 

I'm not entirely understanding possible subtexts in this exchange, but FYI: with the "new" Lang Lang Goldberg Variations CD--the actual CD--it does not show up when ripped with/into Aurender Conductor software. A friend had similar experience in JRMedia. Seems to me that there is something about the meta-data encoding (lack of?) from Deutsche Gramophone. I had to locate files by date and rename. Fun.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

5000 songs x 4 minutes = 20,000 minutes.

20,000 minutes / 60 minutes = 333.33333 hours

333.33333 hours / 24 hours = 13.9 days 

IMO a playlist that lasts for two weeks, give or take, is a big ask if you're not the only one asking.

This is really an archive of memories and emotions, and I completely understand why anyone would want one. I want one. It's just a big ask technically, IMO, sir...