IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

Just made a purchase on QoBuz and noticed they charge extra for using PayPal! is this something new? I am a Sublime member and don't recall this extra charge before nor on other music purchasing services I have used. Needless to say, not a happy development for customers!

Desktop: HQ Player --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> McChanson SuperSilver UltimatE

Headphones: Audeze MM-500, Meze Audio Elite, Focal Utopia 2022, Focal Bathys (Wireless)

Portable Gear: Hiby RS6, xDuoo XD05 Bal 2, FiiO BTR7, Creative BT-W5, FiiTii HiFiDots TWS

Nearfield Active Speakers: Audioengine HD3 

Power Conditioning: Furman Elite-15 PFi

12 hours ago, Pierre B. said:

Hello LoryWiv, indeed depending on the country some payment method charges us a lot. For some sales, we were not even profitable. That is why we added some payment fees to reduce the cost.

To better understand, why do you use Paypal? Is it because you don't need to enter your payment information each time you make a purchase?

Thank you

Pierre B. - Product Manager at Qobuz

Pierre B., thank you for your reply. My preference for PayPal is in part the incredible convenience, ready access to look up transactions in a single place, and importantly I often find I have PayPal credits or gift cards which are perfect for discretionary purchases of music.

Desktop: HQ Player --> Singxer SU-1 --> Matrix X-Sabre Pro --> McChanson SuperSilver UltimatE

Headphones: Audeze MM-500, Meze Audio Elite, Focal Utopia 2022, Focal Bathys (Wireless)

Portable Gear: Hiby RS6, xDuoo XD05 Bal 2, FiiO BTR7, Creative BT-W5, FiiTii HiFiDots TWS

• pabl0b changed the title to Qobuz issues with Marantz Model 40n
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, David Craff said:

Qobuz Connect operates as a communication protocol that orchestrates the interaction between the Controller (Qobuz application), the Receiver (Qobuz Connect SDK integrated into Hi-Fi equipment), and the Server (dedicated Qobuz Connect server). It enables users to control and enjoy their music seamlessly while maintaining a robust and secure channel for communication between the application and the Hi-Fi equipment.

I access my QoBuz Sublime subscription and stream via HQ Player desktop and client on PC , UAPP app. on my android DAP. Both work very well. Is there any additional advantage that QoBuz Connect will confer for these use cases?

4 hours ago, Balthazar B said:

The main advantage is that you would use the native Qobuz apps as your controller, which are likely to provide both a richer and more functional interface than any third-party application built on top of the more limited API available. And that will progressively be the better-developed and -supported method going forward, assuming CE manufacturers and other third parties jump on board, as I would expect them to.

Noted @Balthazar B. @David Craff I hope this development of QoBuz Connect does not replace or preclude continued access through HQP and UAPP which is incredibly convenient as a "one stop shopping", integrated and unified interface to my sublime subscription within the core apps I use daily. Thanks for bearing this key use case in mind.

• 6 months later...