IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

What happened?

it  bombed after I filled out the registration page, said something equivalent to unable to register. Tried IE and Firefox, changed desired user name, checked to see if my email was already registered(it wasn't), so it appears something was awry. Tried again just now, this time success.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 3 years later...
  • pabl0b changed the title to Qobuz issues with Marantz Model 40n
  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, 111MilesToGo said:

To continue on the "Qobuz iOS App and Gapless Issues" saga: Still on the same iOS 17.1.1 as before, I reached for the Tidal iOS App and checked its behavior, with the same tracks as before across a wide range of bits/sample rates, and the same outputs from my iPhone 14 Pro Max 512GB as before (iPhone speakers, outboard USB-DAC Cayin RU7, Bluetooth TWS IEMs Sony WF-1000XM5). No updates or other changes to my iPhone between my report on Qobuz and now.

Well, the result with Tidal on iOS is: Gapless replay works flawlessly.

I do not know at all what this means, neither for Qobuz, nor for Apple. Dear @David Craff, go figure …

I think you are arguing from “I own this”bias rather than science. Given the lack of duplication things seem to be pointing to a problem unique to your phone. In your shoes I’d walk into a store and test the app on another phone, and replace the phone if the problem wasn’t duplicated. Modern electronics are so complex that often “ghost” problems are only resolved by replacing/swapping equipment.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

1 hour ago, Balthazar B said:

@111MilesToGo, it does seem like Qobuz is buffering the following track when there are gapless metadata flags embedded in the content. Given your observations earlier about when this happens, I'm just curious:

• How much free storage do you have on your iPhone? I'm wondering about the root cause for the apparent difficulty to completely buffer large following tracks.
  • What's the bitrate/resolution on the Beethoven 5th recording that you tested?
  • What's the nature of your network connectivity? How much bandwidth is available to your phone, and what's the speed of transmission between you and the Internet?

If one is trying to troubleshoot, you start with simplifying to rule out variables. Saving a gapless album to local library and then seeing if the problem persists playing the local version will determine if the issue is local or network streaming.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system