IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 for Windows (Official Thread)

The trial lasted no more than 3 days. What happened to the 15 days? Nonetheless, I purchased the program because I want to provide support and want to see more development.

So far, these are the issues I have with Version 1.2.11:

1. On the Tracks, Albums, Artists (Library) screens, the Cursor, PageUp and PageDown work only sometimes (only after clicking somewhere in the screen) and will not advance above or below the visible tracks/albums/artists even when there are many more. Similar behavior for other screens. Also, the scrollbar is a little too narrow (I know this is a carry-over from the Mac World -- but only good things should be carried over!).
  2. When switching from a DSF file to a PCM (44.1) file, there is a brief gap and a pop.
  3. No integration between Tidal tracks/albums/artists and Library tracks/albums/artists.

Thanks.

mQa is dead!

19 hours ago, lucretius said:

The trial lasted no more than 3 days. What happened to the 15 days? Nonetheless, I purchased the program because I want to provide support and want to see more development.

So far, these are the issues I have with Version 1.2.11:

1. On the Tracks, Albums, Artists (Library) screens, the Cursor, PageUp and PageDown work only sometimes (only after clicking somewhere in the screen) and will not advance above or below the visible tracks/albums/artists even when there are many more. Similar behavior for other screens. Also, the scrollbar is a little too narrow (I know this is a carry-over from the Mac World -- but only good things should be carried over!).
  2. When switching from a DSF file to a PCM (44.1) file, there is a brief gap and a pop.
  3. No integration between Tidal tracks/albums/artists and Library tracks/albums/artists.

Thanks.

Another issue I came across:

Audirvana Plus cannot see my dlna/UPnP renderer (Marantz NA6005).

Thanks.

mQa is dead!

7 hours ago, lucretius said:

Another issue I came across:

Audirvana Plus cannot see my dlna/UPnP renderer (Marantz NA6005).

Thanks.

Another issue:

Twice in two days, Audirvana Plus lost the activation key. Perhaps this is also what happened when I was using the trial software before purchasing it (I think I may have only used the software for a day, then the trial was over)? It will get tiring to hunt down the key and input it every day. I am using Windows 10 (1809).

Thanks.

mQa is dead!

7 hours ago, Jud said:

There's at least one person on the Audirvana+ forum using an NA8005 and it's working, so I don't think it's a manufacturer implementation issue.

Are you certain the renderer is running DLNA/UPnP (is it discoverable by anything besides A+)?  If yes, does turning it off and on while A+ is running do anything?

Yes.  My Marantz NA6005 is discoverable by BubbleUPnP (Android), mconnect (Android), HiFi Remote (Marantz Android app), JRiver Media Center (Windows 10).  Turning the renderer off and on changes nothing.  Within Audirvana Plus's Windows user interface, I don't see any place where a discovered renderer should be noted. Perhaps it is not yet implemented in the Windows version? 

The utility of Audirvana Plus for Windows will be severely limited if it cannot stream files to DLNA/UPnP renderers.

mQa is dead!

2 minutes ago, lucretius said:

Yes.  My Marantz NA6005 is discoverable by BubbleUPnP (Android), mconnect (Android), HiFi Remote (Marantz Android app), JRiver Media Center (Windows 10).  Turning the renderer off and on changes nothing.  Within Audirvana Plus's Windows user interface, I don't see any place where a discovered renderer should be noted. Perhaps it is not yet implemented in the Windows version? 

The utility of Audirvana Plus for Windows will be severely limited if it cannot stream files to DLNA/UPnP renderers.

I disabled a couple of virtual network adapters created by VMware Workstation.  Now, the Marantz NA6005 is discoverable by Audirvana Plus for Windows.  I will need to test further. 

However, this behavior is not optimal.  Having to enable and disable the virtual network adapters everytime I want to use VMware Workstation is cumbersome AND I will not be able to run VMware Workstation at the same  as Audirvana Plus. This should be addressed. 

mQa is dead!

25 minutes ago, lucretius said:

I disabled a couple of virtual network adapters created by VMware Workstation.  Now, the Marantz NA6005 is discoverable by Audirvana Plus for Windows.  I will need to test further. 

However, this behavior is not optimal.  Having to enable and disable the virtual network adapters everytime I want to use VMware Workstation is cumbersome AND I will not be able to run VMware Workstation at the same  as Audirvana Plus. This should be addressed. 

I can stream both PCM and DSD files to the Marantz NA6005.  Nonethess, the network adapters issue above still needs to be addressed.  I have discovered another issue:

In the Active Device settings (Audirvana Plus) for my Mytek Brooklyn+ DAC (directly connected to the computer), I have to manually set the DAC up as a MQA decoder because it is not auto-detected. Further, when I go to the Active Device settings for the Marantz NA6005, it is set up as a MQA decoder per the previous setting. When I change that to "no MQA", that setting also holds for the Mytek Brooklyn+ DAC, as well. Therefore, the setting for MQA decoder/renderer is universal to all DACs and renderers. Instead, the setting in Audirvana Plus should be set on a DAC by DAC, or renderer by renderer basis.

Thanks.

mQa is dead!

14 hours ago, damien78 said:

Do you have virtual machines, cloned installation of your Windows 10 ?

That would then explain why this messes with your computer unique ID identification if you launch Audirvana Plus from two of such cloned copies of Windows.

No. Windows 10 is the host OS on my machine (HP Z4 G4) and I am running Audirvana Plus from the host OS. Windows version is Windows 10 Pro for Workstations (1809 - October Update).

mQa is dead!

4 hours ago, Mauro Moretti said:

Is there support for VST in 1.3? How do I connect a plug in? Thanks

Only plugins in the VST3 format will work.  Once a plugin is installed (per the author), A+ will see it.  Then, in A+, you click on the USB plug icon in the bottom right corner to go to the Active Device page.  On that page, you will see a section for VST3 plugins. Make the necessary settings as appropriate. 

mQa is dead!

17 hours ago, Jazzbass12 said:

MQA on Tidal does not work with VSTs. Is MQA not supported?

Similarly, playing DSD files from the library does not work with the VST plugins. It's understandable that the plugins only work with regular PCM files. However, A+ fails to automatically  deactivate "Realtime control" and/or the VST plugin, when MQA or DSD tracks are selected for play.

mQa is dead!

On 12/27/2018 at 6:35 AM, Jazzbass12 said:

Damien has rectified the automatic deactivation of “Real-time Control” Of VSTs when using MQA and DSD.

A+ will update with new latest version when launching A+. It is working great now.

The plugins work well.  But now my problem is that A+ for Windows does not "remember" their position on the screen when the plugin is closed and reopened (even when this is done automatically).

@damien78, can this be fixed?

mQa is dead!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
6 hours ago, zkeller said:

How do you select tracks in Windows?

It is the same as Jud described above.  You can bring up the queue to look at it by clicking on the 3 lines beside the speaker icon at the bottom right hand corner (it should also indicate the number of songs in the queue). If there was no song playing, then simply click on the Play button (bottom middle).

mQa is dead!

29 minutes ago, Cebolla said:

does your UPnP renderer appear in the Windows File Explorer (or any other application with a UPnP control point on the same machine as Audirvana Plus

Yes. I can enable the JRiver Media Center DLNA/UPnP server, with the VMware virtual network adapters enabled, and it works fine - I can see my streamer (which is now a Marantz NA6006). 

Actually, I thought @damien78 was working on this issue.  ???

mQa is dead!

On 5/19/2019 at 12:14 PM, RafaPolit said:

Well, to pile on the problems, now my Audirvana, which had a valid trial period till the 30th of May, now says: no valid license available!  I can only either enter a license or buy it now.

No way to still use the trial one I had working on my computer.

Support is not answering the support questions.  Do you figure that, after paying $75 (which in current standards is on the expensive side) things will be the same and I will get no support and have the key invalidated every few days?

Utterly unhappy with the product.  I was looking forward as it is the only UPnP solution that will do first unfold of MQA, but I'm not sure it's worth the troubles.

Anyone knows of a way to still use my valid and ongoing trial period?  If I have to wait 10 days for support to answer, my trial period would have been over before I even was able to try it at all.

Thanks for any insight, best regards,

Rafa.

PS: Incidentally, I downloaded the trial version on the 15th, and the expiry date was set to the 30th, which is 15 days, and not the 30 days trial period that the web page claims.  So I am having the vibe of less-than-professional all over the place.  Am I alone?

I had this problem when I was doing the trial and when I purchased the product.  If you activate Audirvana Plus in different user accounts on the same computer, this will happen. The solution is: uninstall in all user accounts, reinstall in one user account and activate, then if you need to use it in other Windows accounts, copy the userspace (    %user%\appdata\Audirvana) from the activated account to the new account. Whatever you do, do not "reactivate" it in another account.

@damien78 solved this problem for me.  If you need his help, you can also leave a message here https://audirvana.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=11&sid=06435b9f03d124d2e762f6b41baf0844.

mQa is dead!