IGNORED

TIDAL + LUMIN + microRendu = Audio Bliss

I use my audio system mainly to listen to Tidal FLAC 1,441 kbps streams.

My setup:

A pair ofMartin Logan Aeon-i speakers, powered by a Krell KSA amplifier/Krell KSL-2 Preamp Combo. The Tidal stream from my router has a wired connection to a Sonore microRendu, which turn is connected to the USB input of a PS Audio NuWave DSD. The DSD is connected to the Krell preamp with a pair of balanced XLR cables.

This system provides great undistorted audio with spacious staging of 2 channel classical music as it might sound in a Symphony Hall or Opera house with a seat in the center section. 

The reason for this post is to share the discovery that you do NOT need a PC with Logitech Media Server running or an account with Logitech’s Mysqueezebox. These items add unneccessary complexities to the task of streaming Tidal to your audio system.

Instead simply install the LUMIN app on your iPad. It will serve as an elegant and intuitive “controller”, telling Tidal what albums/tracks you want to listen to. You can easily save your favorites in a playlist format.

I hope this will help other audiophiles to enjoy their Tidal and microRendu Combo to the fullest? 

Claus

5E1B6851-5C1D-45F8-800E-61E1C252652B.png

1 hour ago, beerandmusic said:

I was looking fo rthe lumin hardware in your post (grin).....as i have heard good things about lumin.

Do they have a lumin ap for android also?  I don't do apples.

Android 4.0 and later.  Look it up , Lumin music 

The Truth Is Out There