IGNORED

Pure Music Question

Ed_K

I recently downloaded the Pure Music software and I'm still in the trial phase. I wanted to give this a shot before I invested in an Amarra trial. It does sound good, perhaps a tad better to me, in my system, than Itunes. One thing I have noticed is that when I have the shuffle function turned on and in cover flow mode, when I switch to the full screen view, Itunes fails to change the album artwork, song titles, artist, etc. as the songs change. This only happens when I am running Pure Music. If I go back to strictly Itunes, the problem goes away.

So my question is this......Has anyone else experienced this? How did you fix it? ...or... Is this something that is inherent with the Pure Music / Itunes interface? I would have expected this function to operate as normal. I guess it is not critical but it is nice when that hidden, deep track is playing, to actually see the album and/or artist information. The old memory is not what it used to be! I am getting short on RAM! Cheers to all!

Ed[br]So much music, so little time![br]Mac Mini Itunes - Ayre QB-9 or Ayre C5xe into Ayre K5xe - Ayre V5xe - ZU Definitions

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that is bugging me about Pure Music is that when I get to the last song of a playlist, that song never "finishes" - like, it appears to be "playing" but stuck with about 1 second left (so it doesn't update the last played count or or the play count itself).

Also, I sometimes my playback stops between songs if I navigate away from the iTunes playlist from which the current song is playing (also happens sometimes if my iPod is connected/updating).

That said, I am enjoying the sound. I run it in memory mode, so I don't get any skips (which would occur sometimes when playing right from iTunes, when other processes were using the NAS where my music is stored - like backup programs, or if I'm tinkering with metadata, etc).

Digital: Schiit Yggy + Gumby, Meridian Explorer2

Headphone: Woo WA22, Audez'e LCD3, Beyerdynamic T1

Amplification: Pass Labs INT30A, Focal 1027be

Analog: VPI Classic, Soundsmith Zephy, EAR 834P

LastFM: WharfRatJustin

This was with 1.44 (I just bought the software last week). Although I see there's 1.45 that was just released (must have been today or yesterday). I'll give that a try. I'll also try disabling the iTunes play track position option.

Thanks

If you are already using the latest version. You might want to report the problem to Rob at Channel D support. He is very responsive to email.

Also one more thing. I notice that Pure Music doesn't like its name being changed. I used to change the name of the program to "Pure Music 1.3" or "Pure Music 1.4" so that I can keep multiple versions around and be able to tell which is which. When I did that, I had experienced all kinds of unintended track stoppage, skip track, iTunes control out of sync and other abnormalities. As soon as I changed its name back to just "Pure Music", all problems disappeared. I know not many people do that but I want to make you aware of it just in case.

Cool, thanks for the info - I'll fire Rob an email.

I did uninstall 1.44 before installing 1.45 though. I just keep the older version binaries around in case I want to roll back.

Cheers!

This may end up in the silly question bin but I have to ask anyway. After I purchased the license I stopped getting the incremental updates like 1.41-1.45, even though my Preference is set to automatically check for updates. When looking at About Pure Music my version is listed simply as 1.4, not 1.4x something. When I go to the download site I see that the current version is 1.45. Am I missing something here? Should my registered version be asking me to update to these incremental versions?

Thanks for any help offered.

Tim

Plinius SA-Reference, EMM Labs DCC2/CDSD, Soliloquy 6.5 Full Range Speakers, Mac Mini, Pure Music, dB Audio Labs Essential USB Cable, Empirical Audio Offramp 4 with Turboclocks & Hynes Regulator upgrades - Power Conditioning & Cabling by Silver Circle Audio

Have you Quit the program? I get the update notices after I start up PM. The update may be in a window behind the iTunes window if you allow PM to start iTunes or something akin to that.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

Do any of you know what was improved/changed in v1.45 and did you notice any improvement in sound quality?

Thanks.

Mac Mini / Pure Music > Firewire & USB > Metric Halo LIO-8 > Hypex NCORE 400 > Geddes Abbey Speakers > Rythmik Servo & Geddes Band Pass Subs // DH Labs Cables, HRS MXR Isolation Rack, PurePower 2000, Elgar 6006B

Yes, I've quit the program and restarted several times and have found no lingering windows hanging around.

Plinius SA-Reference, EMM Labs DCC2/CDSD, Soliloquy 6.5 Full Range Speakers, Mac Mini, Pure Music, dB Audio Labs Essential USB Cable, Empirical Audio Offramp 4 with Turboclocks & Hynes Regulator upgrades - Power Conditioning & Cabling by Silver Circle Audio

I did get an update notification from 1.44, after I had registered the software, for whatever that's worth.

The software is kinda clunky, but I dig the memory play and think it sounds great. I used to get dropouts a LOT when I just ran iTunes, like when doing a backup of my NAS or importing photos or whatever (changing metadata on bunches of tracks was like a beachball death spiral too).

• Eliminated problem preventing sending audio to digital outputs on a Konnekt 24D.

• Corrected a memory allocation issue that could cause a sudden quit.

• Eliminated an issue that could cause play to pause unexpectedly.

• Eliminated a longstanding problem that could sometimes cause an audible “hiccup” in

between switching non-gapless tracks in Memory Play mode.

• Eliminated a problem that could cause an unexpected quit if using Hybrid Memory Play

Mode and a new track was selected or double clicked before the previously selected

track was finished loading.

• Eliminated a problem that could cause an unexpected quit if the keyboard skip forward

or skip back commands were used before a group of gapless tracks had finished loading.

• Eliminated an issue that could cause Upsampling to be accidentally activated when a

group of gapless tracks in a playlist was followed by a track with a higher sample rate.

• Improved efficiency of sample rate switching. • Improved usability.

• Reorganized the user interface for Music Server Preferences.

• Added menu commands and some keyboard equivalents for starting Less is More mode,

Reset, and included a Reset Windows command (in case the windows become positioned off the screen).

• Corrected an issue introduced in 1.42 that could cause play to halt after playing the first in a group of gapless tracks.

• The primary output bus was inadvertently (and incorrectly) set to Off in the default settings of Pure Music 1.42, causing the symptom of no sound output. This release insures the output bus is enabled by default. This problem would only occur for first-time Pure Music users who started with Pure Music 1.42. See the Troubleshooting section of this document for more information about enabling the output bus, if the output is silent.

• Faster iTunes launch mechanism.

• When quitting Pure Music, iTunes volume control state is restored. This is the same as manually nudging the volume control in iTunes after quitting Pure Music; but was a cause of confusion from users thinking iTunes was still controlled by Pure Music (even after Pure Music quits).

• Dither algorithm reverted to 1.4 version.

• Improved memory management.

• Corrected a problem that could cause a sudden quit under limited-memory conditions(double free() could be performed on a rendering buffer).

• Improved iTunes handshaking, including eliminating a problem that could cause occasional skipping.

• Changes to dither algorithm.

• Eliminates the song repeat at the end of a playlist with Faster Track Switching deselected, or in Less is More mode.

• Improvements to handshaking with iTunes.

• Added option in Advanced Audio Setup to allow selecting digital output streams with a MOTU Traveler interface. This will map the outputs to channels 9-14 of the Traveler.

• Added control bar Invert option, to invert the signal polarity of both channels. This is

done in a bit-perfect way. Note there may be a brief disturbance to the audio when the option is activated / deactivated.

Can anyone please provide an email address for Rob at Pure Music? I'd like to find out why some registered users are not getting updates, or what I have configured incorrectly that's keeping me from getting them.

But in the meantime, I assume there is no problem with my simply downloading the newest version and using my existing authorization code, right?

Thanks,

Tim

For questions, as a guideline, please include a description of the computer you are using:

* Specific Mac model (for example, Mac G4; Mac FireWire G3 Powerbook; G5 iMac; Intel iMac)

* Specific OS version (for example, OS X 10.4.8, 10.5.3)

* Sound input hardware used: include manufacturer, model

* Any other details that you might think are important: as an example: if recording audio, the sample rate, bit depth, file format.

Contacting Channel D via email: your email and other contact information will be used only to respond to and provide answers to your questions, and not for sending unwanted spam or marketing messages, nor will they be disclosed to other parties.

If you provide a telephone number in your email inquiry, we may, at our option, choose to respond with "live" telephone technical support.

We may decline to respond to inquiries from anonymous email accounts; please use your primary email address (provided by your ISP) for sending communications.

Please check to be sure the answer to your question isn't already available via our website, or answered in the documentation included with the product.

* Send general questions to: (softsales).

* Users: (softsupport).

Important: if you use "spam blocking" software to screen email (including software requiring a reply to an automated email for verification), it is your responsibility to add our email address / domain (including the domain .mac, which we sometimes use) to your approved sender list. Otherwise, you risk not receiving the reply to your question.

Unlike many other software developers, we actually provide free telephone support for licensed users of our products! We have been at the receiving end of "unobtainable" customer support ourselves. For anyone that's experienced the frustration of waiting for a never arriving or a robotic, uninformative email response to questions, we continue to provide the "old school" standard of true customer support (having been in this business for nearly 14 years). Our live telephone support and business hours at (609) 393-3600 are 9 AM to 5 PM (Eastern U.S. time zone), Monday through Friday (except holidays). In the event that your call is transferred into our voice mail system, we ask that you leave a clear message with contact information that includes a call back telephone number. We will do our best to respond within one business day.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.