IGNORED

MQA Shill Steve Stone Provides a Good Laugh For a Friday...

On 20/04/2018 at 6:36 PM, Brinkman Ship said:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/2018-axpona-show-report-digital-and-personal-electronics/?utm_source=The+Absolute+Sound+List&utm_campaign=4b535a6c2d-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_04_20&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_844faeddad-4b535a6c2d-109080993&mc_cid=4b535a6c2d&mc_eid=7e57b16115

The second and equally important detail about MQA A/B listening comparison tests is if you are not in the prime listening position, which is the one that triangulates most precisely with the transducers used during the listening session, you are not in a position to judge MQA sound quality properly. When I was even one seat to the side of the central listening position the effects of MQA were vastly reduced to the point where they were almost nonexistent. I have been in sessions where even professional recording engineers (and audio reviewers) have made dubious (and IMHO downright wrong) assessments of MQA’s sonic effects based on a group session where almost everyone in the room is in a bad seat (which is any seat that is not properly triangulated with the transducers). In all the other seats you might as well be listening through a Dixie cup and a string—really.

Too funny. Stone calls a poster a dummy for questioning his prime listening position statement. Angers are flaring over there on TAS... 

16 hours ago, emcdade said:

These threads are so repulsive that I feel like I signed up at r/thedonald.

Not a good look for this community, at all.

The problem is, Bob Stuart and all of his sycophants are selling a shit sandwich, and they are insisting it tastes good and we should love it. The people here on CA can smell the shit sandwich from a mile away, and know exactly what it is. 

It is only normal to respond strongly when someone tries to shove something unpleasant down your throat, while LYING and telling you how good it will be.