IGNORED

Why!? Please Tell Me Why!

19 hours ago, gmgraves said:

A lot of people on this thread would disagree with you when you say that you described your phenomenon exactly.  I for one have no idea what you're talking about, Frank.

No worries, George. Like that man who lives in a big White House in Washington, D.C., some people have their own separate reality. :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

6 minutes ago, fas42 said:

... if you wave away the opportunity to understand more, then it's your loss ...

It is no loss to miss the opportunity to understand and/or experience that which does not, in reality, exist.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

52 minutes ago, fas42 said:

That's not the way it works.

Sorry, but that is how it works! There are things that can be done on playback to make a bad recording more listenable (e.g. equalization, tone controls) but playback cannot turn a bad recording into a good one. George has tried to get through to you about this fundamental truth, but he is obviously wasting his time.

7 hours ago, accwai said:

Don't know why you're so sure the add-on accessories have any effect. Can't tell myself since I've never driven one that's even close to stock.

You continually and selectively ignore parts of what George has to say, thereby missing the point. If you can't tell that the add-ons do have an effect by changing the appearance of the car, whether for good or for bad, then you must be blind.

24 minutes ago, fas42 said:

It seems fairly clear that you have never heard a playback setup achieve high levels of "transparency"...

Quite the contrary, I have heard many such systems, including my own. I suspect that you don't know the meaning of "transparency" as it applies to audio. A "transparent" system reproduces, as far as possible, exactly what is on the recording without alteration, from source to speakers. A transparent system will reveal any audible changes made to the playback system. However, transparency has nothing to do with turning a bad recording into a good one.

End of discussion for me, as I can see absolutely no point in pursuing it any further with you.

14 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Care to share the exquisite details of this remarkable combo?

Read the concluding sentence of my last reply to you.  Bye.

10 hours ago, ralphfcooke said:

Well, as far as I can see, no-one has introduced quantum in the thread yet.:S

That would require a quantum leap in the tone of the discussion.

22 minutes ago, mansr said:

A quantum leap is the smallest possible leap, right?

Quite the contrary in common parlance.

20 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Proper cable design does not require compromises. A cable has very basic circuit characteristics that can all be fully accounted for in design. Again, not rocket science.

Rocket science has nothing to do with sound. :) Cables do affect sound quality, and its not because of incompetent designers or designs that fail to fully account for basic circuit characteristics.

8 minutes ago, mansr said:

Apparently you have never heard a rocket.

Thank you. I forgot that a rocket's sound is what people must be referring to when "rocket science" is used as a standard of comparison.

1 hour ago, Nordkapp said:

If said cables are "altering" sound, then they are effectively adding or subtracting  something. That said, yes I desire the most neutral interfaces as possible. 

They are subtracting from or degrading the original sound recording to whatever extent. 

26 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

I think it will sound better than great! Don't you know that with the right set of cables, a Dynaco Stereo 120 transistor amp will be transformed into a Nelson Pass XS 150? 

Of course, George! And you know that is primarily because of the ability of the right set of cables to eliminate the Stereo 120's infamous crossover distortion.