IGNORED

Article: dCS Rossini DAC Review

10 hours ago, ted_b said:

Anytime a new product is launched within a company's product set, it tends to diminish the sale/resale value of the product it replaces (or supercedes), let alone put the buyer in a death spiral conundrum of "waiting til the next version".  When you add in that Wilson and Magico begin at such a lofty price, it tends to really make things uneasy for the prospective buyer.  Lampizator had the same issues for many years as Lukasz would create a better moustrap every 3 months, each with seven options!  Audiogon would then have the old versions for half the price, even if one could figure out what versions they were!  :)   My $.02

I fell into Lampizator's mouse trap. A DAC with great SQ for my taste, but in a short time I realized that I was buying a product that would never be his last and best version, always surpassed by a new one and quite expensive. Send it to upgrades forget, very difficult to export and re-export products from my country and pay again the expensive import taxes. I came to feel as if I had bought an unfinished product.

The above without taking into account the large investment in the coupling tubes (that are also business of this company) and that change the the SQ "flavor".

Roch

8 hours ago, firedog said:

Just curious: You can't export and re-import, show your previous payment of taxes on the unit, and just pay taxes on the upgrade? I know it is a hassle, but you should be able to.

Bureaucracy is the worst evil in countries south of the US border. Any customs procedure takes a lot of time, resources and money. Some malicious people say that we pay few taxes, but for example, cars pay 80%, appliances 50%, etc., etc. Even so the governments never reach the money they want, about 50% of our budget is going to pay high salaries and extraordinary benefits to bureaucrats. All taxes are high, for income, possession of goods and even vehicles. The mandatory charge for social security and accident and health insurance for company personnel are also very expensive (your Medicare?). These days there are bills to raise all taxes and put some new ones, until Netflix is going to have taxes ...! The problem, as many see it, is that this will not bring a more balanced budgets, but an excessive growth in bureaucratic costs, as always.

But we are qualified as one of the happiest countries in Latin America and worldwide too ...!

I am sorry for the long explanation, but I hope I have answered your question.

Roch