IGNORED

The Paul Hynes SR4 PSU

17 hours ago, str-1 said:

Thanks.  I’ve been thinking about trying a Beeswax fuse for some time.  I was hoping they had someone in the UK dealing in their fuses, but apparently not.  I imagine the Beeswax fuse improved over the stock in many areas but where there any tonal changes.  I’ve read that Beeswax fuses have a warm signature, and I’m not sure I want my SR4 to be much warmer.

Probably because having a fuse with a flammable material inside it breaks every electrical regulation... A device that when it works gets hot... One reason fuses are often filled with sand is to control the flashover...

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, highstream said:

Yes, there is an apparent contradiction between AC current theory and aftermarket fuse users’ listening observations, which I know from my own experience are valid. At a PS Audio forum thread I initiated over the weekend, Directstream designer Ted Smith weighs in how this could be the case, namely gears’ internal designs. But that leaves unanswered the question why, or on what basis, SR is claiming directionality across gear designs. Here’s the thread: https://forum.psaudio.com/t/current-flow-fuse-direction/15203/32

The chances are that any supplies you have will ALL employ full wave rectification, so the current through the fuse will be as shown for the resistor R3. I can't imagine anyone using half wave rectification these days or for the last million years.😄