IGNORED

Understanding Sample Rate

1 minute ago, beerandmusic said:

I didn't believe the smoother part either, so that is fine.

My biggest problem is that in my thinking is that a higher sample rate doesn't just allow you to sample higher frequencies....it also allows you to capture more data in very complex signals.

Your thinking is incorrect.

5 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

Let me ask this....

is it possible to have an infinite amount of frequencies between 600hz and 700hz?

e.g. is it not possible to have 600hz 600.001, 600.002, 600.003, etc...

whether it is discernible to hear the difference from one person's voice to another, not being the question.

If all else fails RTFM. It's linked in my first post.

6 hours ago, beerandmusic said:

what? that i respect you but not kumakuma?

sorry, but even I have my standards....

Do you suggest I have to respect idiot followers that do little but ridicule?  He's far from the worst, but i would put him in bottom 20%.

Those that prefer wilful ignorance to reality  deserve to be ridiculed.

5 hours ago, GUTB said:

Of course not. Ooshai showed that humans receive and process high frequency sounds, but that is 100% the domain of neuroscience. It could be why people love ribbon tweeters so much.

A frequency is an oscillation over a period of time. We can’t percieve tones above 20 kHz. A 20 kHz frequency oscillates at a rate of once per 50 microseconds. If looked at it in the time domain, we shouldn’t be able to hear pulses less than 50 microseconds long — however, we CAN. The study showed we are able to distinguish 10 microseconds, even against background noise.

You're like a sponge. Absorbs anything. But real sponges have got an organ that expels crap.

14 minutes ago, firedog said:

No, ridicule is just mean and diminishes the one ridiculing. At a certain point, they deserve to be ignored. People here have been incredibly patient with beerandmusic, actually. 

After all the time and personal attention that's been lavished on him by others - especially in this thread - he really should take a step back and try to understand the material without his false preconceptions.

If he isn't willing to do that, the best thing to do would be simply not to engage with him. No one should keep wasting their time on a person if he shows he isn't willing to listen to helpful, honest replies. 

Most people ask a question when  they want to know the answer. He doesn't, he actively rejects the answers he gets.  So it's just trolling.  (Though I don't like the word, as  it's used as a 'catch all' far too often. But I think it's true here, though of course that's just my opinion.)

Many here have got far more patience that I have when  dealing with 'wilful ignoranti'  but unlike in the 'open air' there are certain limits on what we can say.

56 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

From what i read yesterday, it does both....most of these people are tied to just part of what increasing the sample rate does, while totally disregarding the other thing it does....moving forward, i will only discuss what increasing the sample rate does across the horizontal axis.

Those charts are the totally misleading garbage you see in a lot of dumb articles by people with  less mathematical skills than  a housefly. It isn't a 'step function'.

29 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

People can talk about whatever they want, i am just saying it has nothing to do with my understanding.

Why do people need to resort to ridicule.

Even if i was retarded and didn't understand, there is never a reason to ridicule.

"My entire effort is why does SACD sound better than CD"

That's just your opinion.

And anyway, if that is what yo wanted, why didn't have a thread title saying so?

I wouldn't if you weren't  determined to remain ignorant, thus wasting everyone's  time. 

If you refuse to believe any of the answers you get, why did you ask the original  question?

Firedog is much more patient than me, but even he just told you to shut up  and start reading.

There is a big difference from being retarded and being deliberately obtuse - in one of my rare 'kind'  periods,  I worked with retarded people full time for two years at half the pay I would have got otherwise.

11 minutes ago, firedog said:

I wasn't quoting you directly. I was using the quotes for their punctuation purpose when inserting a statement into a  sentence. But the quotes accurately reflect what you've been saying - that hi-res and DSD sound better because they give a more accurate picture of the waveform. 

Don't confuse him with "more accurate". If a sample rate is double any arbitrary high frequency you choose it's 100% accurate Always, as I am sure you know. It's what he refuses to understand. 

It's not just sound, it even works with bus timetables. 

26 minutes ago, beerandmusic said:

sorry, i am not a robot....i lied if you want to call it that...i wouldn't.

thoughts will continue, and people continue to propose additional thinking.

you can leave if you want....most of your responses are troll nature anyway.

If trolling=truth yes. No otherwise.

You don't understand it. Fine,  lots of people don't.

You said it was too hard  for you to spend the necessary time on. Also fine.

But is  not reasonable to argue with it - it is not an opinion.

But you come back and do exactly that.  Which is what your 10-1000  is doing - arguing with facts. Simple ones, getting there was the hard part but that's done.