53 minutes ago, Gavin1977 said:

I do find it a more darker sounding DAC than the DAVE though, the highs are also somewhat recessed, and this decreases it's realism IMO. I use the incisive neutral filter and Oyaide Tunami Terzo RR v2 and Sablon 2020 USB.

I found the same to be true when I used the Qutest. I preferred the incisive neutral filter most of the time. Interestingly, I also used a Tunami, but the red-plug version. USB was Triode Wire Labs.

I *really* liked the Qutest. It was part of my plan to see if I liked the "Chord Sound." 

I did. So, I added an MScaler to the Qutest. That was really excellent, IMO and I could have lived with that.

But hobbies (aka: addictions) being what they are, the march to DAVE unfolded. Now I have a DAVE on a DC4. 

I like the D/DC4 a lot, but frankly, that Qutest MScaler config was really sweet.

For the first month on the DAVE/MScaler I wondered if I had misstepped. The uber set-up is clean and revealing, but the Qutest is very musical. Very nice.

BTW: the Wave BNCs are good for sound too. I have the mid-level version. Good luck!

I'm MarkusBarkus and I approve this post.10C78B47-4B41-4675-BB84-885019B72A8B.thumb.png.adc3586c8cc9851ecc7960401af05782.png

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...