5 minutes ago, left channel said:

I think one of the sticking points in discussions between Qobuz and Roon has been the text content, and the great presentation of that content, in the Qobuz website and apps. Like other third-party offerings, the LMS apps don't attempt to replicate that but they do function well.

Here's Squeezer displaying the Qobuz New Releases screen, and playing one of those albums on my downstairs Squeezebox Touch. Looks a lot like the same thing in UAPP and many other third-party apps: no bios, lists of other albums, or other text content.

Squeezer-Qobuz-NewRel-400px.jpg

Audirvana does a nice job with this, as well, with no pushback from Qobuz.

So it seems the conflict is Roon's desire not to "break" their UX model to allow simple playback without all their bells and whistles, as Qobuz has already shown they don't mind other programs repackaging their material.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

1 hour ago, left channel said:

@bobbmd congratulations! Thank you. Very nice images. Next time it might be easier to try saving a screen shot to disc and then dragging the file to the paperclip icon at the bottom of the post you're composing. 

This is very useful. What I see there is similar to what is in all third-party apps: album art, album names, and artist names. No biographies, lists of related albums, or other text content from the Qobuz website and apps, and no "Hi-Res" logos even when albums are hi-res. When you click into an album, I expect you get track names and other basic info.

Am I correct? 

You actually get a bit more than that:

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 10.15.06 PM.png

. . . and if Qobuz offers a PDF booklet, you can view that, too - see the "book" icon on the upper right of the details window.

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

• 7 months later...
45 minutes ago, left channel said:

A photo of the RMAF booth! @Rt66indierock please let us know if you speak to anyone from Qobuz. We're eagerly awaiting news of the USA launch. Also wondering if there's any related information in those brochures on the table.

4AEEDE81-6866-41AE-8052-A8EB7D9E1984.jpeg

Photo ironically emblematic of Qobuz's current position re: the US launch: i.e., missing in action :/

30 minutes ago, tapatrick said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but when I had a Quobuz account in the UK (since switched to Tidal) the higher res streaming which is getting a lot of attention as a biggy over Tidal was only available when you had first purchased the higher res download (at a premium extra cost). In other words the higher res was not available unless bought as a download. Has that changed?

There are four tiers of membership in the UK:

image.thumb.png.b418acee73556253dd99bed0ca1a9af2.png

The third tier (the one you're thinking of, I believe) allows you to stream CD quality *except for those items you've already purchased in higher quality* - those you can stream at the quality you purchased them.  The fourth tier allows streaming anything at the highest resolution at which it's available.  Both provide steep discounts on high resolution downloads.