On 1/10/2019 at 4:53 PM, TAV said:

Received my Qobuz beta signup e-mail this morning.  Had a bit of problem as the email I provided them was the same as my existing UK based account.   A quick email to Qobuz and they moved the UK account to US and yes all my purchased music was there.   Great beta customer service resolving this quickly for me.   Kudos to Qobuz.  

Just got the beta invite myself and having the same issue.  Sent a email to support and hoping for a quick resolution.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

On 1/10/2019 at 4:53 PM, TAV said:

Received my Qobuz beta signup e-mail this morning.  Had a bit of problem as the email I provided them was the same as my existing UK based account.   A quick email to Qobuz and they moved the UK account to US and yes all my purchased music was there.   Great beta customer service resolving this quickly for me.   Kudos to Qobuz.  

We move closer to general release every day.  Next step is Roon integration,  anyone hear anything new about that?  

Got my email yesterday that they had fixed my account changing it to US also.

Logged into and just starting to play with it now.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

On 2/3/2019 at 12:17 PM, photonman said:

I guess I am still in love with the Spotify automation and their customized "Daily Mixes" and "Weekly Discovery".

It's always hard to change when you've been used to using something for a while.  It will take me some time to get used to Qobuz. I found the Spotify much more intuative but ???
I don't use any of the "auto" stuff,  I pretty much know what I want to hear when I fire up a streamer.

I haven't searched this thread much but has anyone else noticed some erratic playback of 24/192 files?  I heard popping and ticking from what sounds like dropouts in data. Using the Qobuz app on my PC via either USB>Emotiva DC-1 DAC>into a Marantz PrePro analog input, or HDMI>direct to MarantzPrePro, either path/DAC gives the same results. Change to the 24/96 stream and the problem disappears?

Shouldn't be my 90+mbps line?

Try  Linda Ronstadt - Heart Like A Wheel  24/192 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2019 at 9:07 PM, left channel said:

Some people can hear an improvement in Hi-Res over CD-quality. Others can't. Research has verified this. But I can hear it and it sounds wonderful, especially on Qobuz. 

I wonder if you could hear that difference with your eyes closed?

I very much doubt it unless the H-R file is being streamed from a different master.

I know that in the greatest majority of cases the difference is gone under a bias controlled blind listening.

Even Mark Waldrep of AIX recordings has admitted he can't here the difference between Redbook CD and 24/96 on recordings that he heard live and mastered the file himself!

3 hours ago, Kal Rubinson said:

Age often correlates with both increased knowledge and decreased hearing. 😊

The pressures of conscious with age often bring a increase in personal honesty and integrity.

But left channel is right, this is too far OT for this thread, lets move on.

Actually since Qobuz did launch in the US on Feb 14, this thread has served it's usefulness and should be closed.

That would help to centralize the discussion of things like bugs and issues in the Official thread.