IGNORED

Sublime Christmas Music

7 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

I had a many years habit of listening Bach's Weihnachts Oratorium in the very last day of the year though. Not anymore, almost every end of the year I go to India for a winter stay, and Christmas music is merely a nonsense there.

Why don't you give this one a try before leaving?

MI0004103650.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

31 minutes ago, PAP said:

Those Dunedin albums are very good indeed.

I still have to write about the Dunedin Christmas Oratorio on my blog, but at least I've now been able to compare the Dunedin version of the Magnificat with two serious competitors, Vox Luminis on Alpha and Jordi Savall on Alia Vox.

The good news is there are no losers, all three are just outstanding, see also here:

https://musicophilesblog.com/2017/12/16/getting-seasonal-again-with-three-beautiful-versions-of-bachs-magnificat/

1 hour ago, ted_b said:

Musicophile, why do you mention your fave Nutcracker is Abbado, yet the cover art and link talk about nothing but Rattle.  I have the Rattle SACD and need now to rip it.  :) Thx

Ted

OMG no idea why I wrote Abbado there, nobody ever noticed. I obviously mean the other Berlin Phil boss, Rattle, as indicated on the cover below. 

Must have been a false association when I wrote. this post. 

• 11 months later...
3 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Language skills are not the most important for the haircut unless you are coming for a news or opinions. Look for Turkish barber, they are great.Or Indian.

Last month I went (as a westerner) to a hairdresser in Shanghai. Was positively surprised by the result in spite of the communication being mainly sign language (my Mandarin is still barely existing).