7 minutes ago, davide256 said:

Sandyk... every piece of content above has to do with after data arrives across the network to a PC or renderer and is stripped out of its frame and packet header for internal processing into a digital audio signal. None of it applies to data in transit inside a packet/frame transport envelope. I do follow and generally endorse the content above for the issues of getting audio data cleanly output, whether it be from HDD locally or from network after frame/packet envelope removal. But these articles are not germane to network data transmission.

sorry to disturb your peace but in the first article I read:

AS: Since there's no such thing as 1s and 0s in digital transmission, what is being sent over our USB/Firewire/Ethernet cables when we play back music files?

CH: An ANALOG signal!

Steve Silberman: I think this is where things get misconstrued. The signals we think of abstractly as “digital” are in fact high-speed analog square waves, susceptible to all of the same damage and distortions as any other analog signal.

So now what?

Pink Faun Streamer —>  Pink Faun DAC --> Ayre AX5 --> Paradigm S8 

9 minutes ago, Dr Tone said:

There are safe guards and error checking in place to make sure the it's reconstructed as intended.  If destroyed by a router that isn't sitting on still points it asks for it again.  When it still doesn't get it right the music doesn't sound worst, it doesn't sound at all.

Wish it was that simple...

10 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

my personal experience is that none of my routers has been affected by vibration control

nor would I expect them to be so affected because my part of the universe obeys physical laws

Yeah right, take a magnifying glass and have a close look at the 1’s and 0’s floating through your digital equipment hahaha

8 minutes ago, davide256 said:

Again a lack of understanding that IP/Ethernet is not a plug compatible DAC protocol... there is no industry standard to use Ethernet media for direct DAC audio connection. You have to have Data Terminating Equipment (DTE)... that  layer of hardware/firmware functionality does not know or care whether the block of data transmitted is  part of an audio file or part of a spreadsheet. That's handled by upper layer protocols, in firmware or software after the data is removed from its frame/packet envelope. Only after data has been stripped of its headers and reaches the upper level protocols is unique handling determined ( is this audio, is this part of a library directory, is it video display, is it a command {start, stop, select, exit, etc).  Audio is not the owner or sole passenger on IP/Ethernet data transmission. Once the data is handed off to unique audio processing is where problems can start... before that its just "lego" blocks indistinguishable from any other "lego" blocks inside a packet/frame. The Internet wouldn't work otherwise.

Again, just ones and zero’s right? Too funny

So what do you use upstream from the sotm? You might be surprised when you pay attention to that part even though it should not...might even try the op’ tweak though that seems a little far fetched even for me

1 hour ago, One and a half said:

Anything in the chain in front of a DAC has the ability to alter its sound, since even small amounts of noise interfere with the D to A conversion. If a router is in the chain preceding the DAC, then yes it can affect the DAC. The router down the street cannot since the crud from it is lost via the power lines... just as well, mind. Although some RF from un-suppressed inverters can travel for several hundred metres from the source, as evidenced on a commute to the office and having to put up with buzz on AM radio in slow moving traffic. Strange the further away, the noise volume peaks and troughs roughly when there's a cross beam on the power poles.

Anyway, I'm open to anti vibration measures for any signal path component, but first remove the electrical noise, since this evil needs to be tamed. There's always going to be those that dismiss the experience of the OP,  we know who you are, the vocal minority thread crappers, just look outside the bubble for a change. We don't need saving our souls, if you don't like the topic pi$$ off.

amen