There is a bigger issue here than might appear on the surface, and it goes far beyond HiFi or audio.

Note what happened, step by step:

1. someone was aware of a FAQ or maybe we could call it a White Paper on singing capacitors.  That's good.  The phenomenon exists where a passive device can produce an audible sound, a vibration.

2. This got altered in his mind to the reverse effect: where a vibration can alter an electronic signal - an analog signal.  This is small, may be negligible but does exist and would cause a type of noise.  This effect too is well-known.

3. The fatal error was to take the above effect and apply it to a digital device (router) which deals solely with digital signals.

Now, perhaps if the noise level became large enough, it could possibly flip some bits.  This seems implausible to me, but EEE's may know better.  Even if it did, it seem implausible that the checksum would not 'catch it.'

The perp was unable to answer questions about any mechanism, and resorted to personal attacks instead.  An acolyte then joined him in attacking others.

So, that is the etiology of this disease.

This sort of thing goes far beyond HiFi, and is a key attack made on climate change science (by the same PR firm that was hired to fuzz up the impacts of tobacco smoke on lung cancer and other health effects). This is why I think it is important to counter these sorts of things when they arise, tho I may be biased by having to attempt to de-program both undergraduate and graduate students in a past life.

51 minutes ago, davide256 said:

Sandyk... every piece of content above has to do with after data arrives across the network to a PC or renderer and is stripped out of its frame and packet header for internal processing into a digital audio signal. None of it applies to data in transit inside a packet/frame transport envelope. I do follow and generally endorse the content above for the issues of getting audio data cleanly output, whether it be from HDD locally or from network after frame/packet envelope removal. But these articles are not germane to network data transmission.

well put

(tho I doubt if it will do any good)

also refer back to the checksum post (Davide256 IRRC)

then our own Cry Mommy poster has again confused analog (CD player) with purely digital...

but hey just because it defies physical law doesn't mean it can't happen - that's why I rub Caig proGold all over my router's case

2 hours ago, sandyk said:

This is what he linked to... unfortunately, none of them are relevant to a router.

Lots of bad vibes to control - speaker cabinet resonances, ball bearings under a DAC or a CD player (which includes a DAC of course), emotional outbursts here and elsewhere, etc.

Anyone can put their router on the list too - just do a valid test to avoid the ol' snake oil swim

9 hours ago, Cebolla said:

In the OP's specific case, ie, network streaming audio file (ie, yet to be decoded & played) tracks from a NAS on the same network & from TIDAL's online servers, there is no digital audio signal path through the network - so the router cannot be a component in the signal path!

the router is a component in the confirmation bias path!

Now please stop using science and engineering to crap on this thread and let it become yet another safe space for the snowflakes to ignore reality and snort their fairy dust