IGNORED

New book on the birth of the Sony Walkman

• 2 years later...

I heard once Sony had offered quite lots of money for the first Walkman in good condition.

BTW I bought my first Sony W. in West Berlin. After leaving the store I attached it to my belt but two minutes later when I was going down the stairs of the underground train station it fell off and I saw my dear new gear going all the way down the stairs (and many of them!).. 

The very first thought was - good by, Sony :( But it survived the fall and worked without problems for years before I gave it to someone. Good ol' reliable audio gear...

Getting melancholic, so that's it! x-D

18 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

I heard once Sony had offered quite lots of money for the first Walkman in good condition.

BTW I bought my first Sony W. in West Berlin. After leaving the store I attached it to my belt but two minutes later when I was going down the stairs of the underground train station it fell off and I saw my dear new gear going all the way down the stairs (and many of them!).. 

The very first thought was - good by, Sony :( But it survived the fall and worked without problems for years before I gave it to someone. Good ol' reliable audio gear...

Getting melancholic, so that's it! x-D

I've recently seen several on eBay for well over $500 (and €500 too). Of course, those hadn't been bounced down a flight of underground steps, lol. What an emotional trauma that must have been!

Everyone wants to date my avatar.