IGNORED

Article: McIntosh D1100 Digital Preamplifier DAC Review - Part  Two

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

The short quick answer is yes.

The long answer is, if you listen to albums that are not made of multiple different resolution files that problem can be completely avoided.

Thank you, the D1100 can be removed from the shortlist.

Roon, JRiver, A+ are capable of muting and correcting for syncing of hardware devices quite well, I would have thought experienced users have tried this already with no improvement possible. 

Another solution is for the player to SRC to higher rates of multiples of 44.1/48 rates to keep the switching to a minimum, one possibility. 

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Roon does correct that flaw, I have Roon set to play a few milliseconds of silence at the beginning to sync the DAC. I have not had the problem once I started doing that. The device still has that flaw, but it can be circumvented. Perhaps I didn't explain that well enough.

The only time I can see it being a problem is on the off chance someone has a playlist of files in different resolutions they want to play gapless. In that case it would in fact be a noticeable problem.

No electron left behind.

20 hours ago, Dr Tone said:

Or cue up multiple albums or different format ro sample rate?

It would depend on how you're playing them, if you're shuffling them then yes, but then you can set some players to play a few milliseconds of silence to sync the DAC. It would be a problem if you wanted the different resolution files to play gapless.

No electron left behind.

• 8 months later...
On 8/31/2017 at 11:38 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

I hear your frustration but it not the case at all. McIntosh actually fixed this issue due to customer feedback, long before I found the issue. 

I also had a negative experience with them as well. They take forever to reply and they do not provide any solution to the problem. Luckily I was able to find a solution to my problem myself and I am very happy again. Thanks!

• 2 years later...