IGNORED

Upsampling by dac, can't hear an improvement.

Just now, Speed Racer said:

Nor is ignoring confirmation bias......which runs rampant around this place.

I'm all for freedom of each person to chose what they want to do when enjoying a hobby. If this was an FDA trial where people could die and they were scientists, that's a different story. This is a fun hobby and some people don't want to become scientists just to listen to audio gear. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

I am not suggesting that everyone become a scientist of even a objectivist. It just gets a little funny when you read some of the stuff that goes on here. It gets really funny with the DC power cable stuff. People hear improvements because the improvements must be there, right?

But whatever....

Why do you care? If someone hears something and says they hear it, that's no skin off your back. 

If the Government makes you purchase something that you believe can't possibly work, that's another story.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, mansr said:

The filters in any high-end DAC from the usual vendors (AKM, ESS, TI, etc) are perfectly adequate. While it is possible to construct mathematically superior filters, the differences in the actual analogue output are too small to be audible.

Dare I say your crusade against MQA filters is all for naught?

If it's too small to be audible, you shouldn't really care about MQA filters. 

Perhaps I've misunderstood something. Or, we should establish a threshold of audibility, below which you can't complain about things :~)

2 minutes ago, hurka said:

my stupid question:

What about the gears in the studios?everithing perfect over there?

In my view that doesn't matter. The studio is creating sound, whereas we want to reproduce the sound created. 

The worst equipment in the world may create the sound the artist wants. So be it.