I recently added an Eitr to my office system.  My Bifrost multibit did not have the latest Gen 5 usb, so I added the Eitr.  It is a very nice improvement over usb input.  Well worth the money.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

• 11 months later...

I have been out of the loop as well and just sold my Eitr because I just got a Qutest and didn't think about trying it with the Qutest.  I would probably buy another Eitr just to try it out, although I'd likely loose about $100 in resale value if I didn't prefer that combo over using the Qutest usb input.  

Any news on whether there will be a relatively inexpensive Eitr replacement to allow older product to benefit from Unison USB?

EDIT:  Just read the link at it looks like the answer is "no".

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

High pressure sales tactic on Schiit's part.....   just kidding.

Ok I just re-purchased the Eitr.  Crazy because I just shipped my old Eitr to another buyer yesterday.  😯

1 minute ago, Charente said:

Might be worth it ... and if you're in the mood to splash a bit more cash, a couple of us have hooked up an Uptone LPS to inject the 5v power into the EITR to avoid dirty power from the source PC or MAC. I think it makes a worthwhile difference ... YMMV

I've got an Uptone LPS-1 powering an IsoRegen in the chain, so now I need another Uptone LPS for the Eitr and now I am hearing everyone say an the Qutest also benefits from an LPS (contrary to what the Qutest designer is saying).  Ugh!

...this never ends.  Yes, I know I can always forget this stuff, but curiosity always kills this cat.

Correct, the IsoRegen/LPS-1  will feed the Eitr.

I could be wrong, but I don't see where Schiit will be releasing any CD transport in that thread.  I think the CD transport references are to purr1n's very old Theta Data III CD Transport.  Again, I could be wrong and if so, perhaps someone can correct me.

Some people use the term "transport" to mean a usb/spdif/AES converter.  There is no plan to release an Unison usb version of the Eitr, because, among other things, the Eitr did not sell well, which is crazy.  It is a terrific device and costs only $179.  Perhaps if they put it in a fancier case and charged triple it would have sold in larger numbers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2019 at 3:06 PM, Blake said:

High pressure sales tactic on Schiit's part.....   just kidding.

Ok I just re-purchased the Eitr.  Crazy because I just shipped my old Eitr to another buyer yesterday.  😯

Update, so I re-installed the Eitr in the chain, and switched to the Qutest's BNC input.  I do prefer the sound with the Eitr in the chain, input to the Qutest BNC, as opposed to straight in to the Qutest's usb input.