IGNORED

Show us your equipment / kit !

Wow Jay192... simply, wow.

Do give us a review when you have time!

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Outstanding setup Masis! You literally have my dream system. One of these days I am going to pull the trigger on some Q1's. Just need to convince the wife. I have also been lusting after the Devialet's.

Sonically, my preference is for stand-mounted speakers augmented by a subwoofer rather than large floor standing units (I just love the "disappearing act" and imaging prowess of stand-mounts).

Finally, from an aesthetic approach, I am also a huge fan of the minimalist setup and love the "big beautiful sound" emanating from a small number of compact boxes.

So, bottom line, congrats on a wonderful system. I may just make a screen saver from your pic.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

• 3 weeks later...

Love the minimalist set up Spacey!

Also, Phaidon is my favorite publishing house and I am a big fan of modern design...... and dogs!

• 3 weeks later...

iPhonePictures4308.jpg

GIK Acoustic soffit traps in the corners:

iPhonePictures4357.jpg

iPhonePictures4583.jpg

iPhonePictures4440.jpg

iPhonePictures4487.jpg

iPhonePictures4314.jpg

iPhonePictures4448.jpg

iPhonePictures4365.jpg

iPhonePictures4321.jpg

iPhonePictures4437.jpg

iPhonePictures4371.jpg

iPhonePictures3969.jpg

"...winter is coming.." (Game of Thrones):

iPhonePictures4621.jpg

and following Spacey's lead, my listening companions Nigel and Sophie (Boston Terriers):

iPhonePictures998-1.jpg

Sophie and Nigel:

Untitled-2.jpg

Sweet space, gear and dogs Blake! On the latter...do they ever settle down?? Our Boston's still a pup @ 14 months but he hasn't shown a glimpse of wanting to relax! He's either going 100% or he's asleep!

Bill

Sophie (white face) is exactly like your Boston- 100% on, or asleep, mostly 100%. Nigel is the polar opposite- way mellow, sleeps most of the day, with short-lived bursts of energy.

• 4 weeks later...
Really nice place there, Blake. You into Architecture and Design too??

Thanks Spacey. I am very much into architecture and design. We bought the house from an architect.

After I posted the pics of my system, I purchased an additional amplifier, which is located on the lower shelf. I really like it. Lousy iphone pics as I don't have a camera.

iPhonePictures4693.jpg

iPhonePictures4673.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the kind remarks Oscar.

I quite like the svsound subwoofer. Ironically, I have been playing around with it this week in terms of getting it to blend better with my main speakers. Pierre of Mapleshade offered up some pointers on subwoofer integration, one being to get the woofer of the sub the same distance to the listening position as the woofers on the mains. That, and playing around with the phase setting did the trick.

iPhonePictures4726.jpg

I am impressed with the sub, especially for the cost. I have owned a number of subs over the years and this SVS model is quite nice. Once you get it properly integrated, the bass is quite tight and tuneful. I listen to alot of bass heavy music and have no regrets on the purchase.

For the price, I think it is a no brainer. According to Pierre of Mapleshade, the other sub in this price range to audition is the Gallo TR-1d (make sure it is the latest "d" version). Pierre says it is the most musical sub he has ever heard, regardless of price. I have no idea on that as I have no personal experience with the TR-1d.

I agree with Mayhem. I wish I had an SMS-1 handy. I had a friend with one but he sadly moved away...

great setup Struts! Love the Devialet.

• 1 month later...

Great set ups and views (Lusitano).

Guydebord- I love the Clearaudio TT set up (that looks like the Ambient model) and the Kharmas. I understand Kharma is getting back into the US market after a bit of a hiatus.

• 5 months later...

Extremely nice set up Oscar! I bet it sounds outstanding. How do you like the Scala Utopia's?

• 4 months later...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9400[/ATTACH]

I have replaced the Magnum Dynalab IA with a Prima Luna Dialogue Premium IA. A subtle but very nice change in tone

Cool setup PopPop. I have always liked Electrocompaniet gear.

• 1 month later...
Sorry for OT. Oystein, would love to hear about the Boenicke W5 if you find the time. Thanks!

Thread started here: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f12-headphones-and-speakers/has-anyone-heard-boenicke-w5-19049/

+1. I am a bit obsessed with the W5 speakers. I am not sure what it is, but they really appeal to me. Oystein, if you have a chance, please post your thoughts in that thread.

• 7 months later...
I noticed your left speaker is next to a a window. So you find the reflection bothersome? Have you tried covering the glass to see if there is any improvement?

For years I had assumed glass would be the most reflective material of all, but as it turns out, glass is actually more absorptive than many think (more absorbing across the frequency spectrum than drywall, for example). Glass actually does a half-decent job of absorbing frequencies lower than 500 Hz, but of course above 500 Hz it is quite reflective, although not really any more reflective above 500 Hz than other commonly found room surface materials:

Absorption_zps158c05b7.gif

• 3 months later...

The system/setup looks terrific Oscar.

Placement is always room dependant and what works in one space most likely won't in another. Speakers don't radiate sound across their spectrum in a directive fashion but instead, variable in frequency and direction dependant on the baffle size and shape and the driver's behavior and size. Irregular boundary distance and material will also strongly influence what and when sound arrives at the listener. In the case of the poster's system, the right side stage will sound a bit brighter from reflected energy from the glass doors. More or less toe in can mitigate it to an extent, but that leaves the excess on axis energy to still beam at the listener which is dependant on the drivers and crossover design. A curtain over the glass doors would help this room quite a bit in presenting a balanced, symmetrical stage.

I agree with Mayhem's comments but want to point out one item concerning the bolded comment above. Many people have the view that glass is more reflective than other wall surfaces, but this is simply not true. For example, overall, glass has more absorption than drywall across the frequency spectrum:

Absorption_zps283b3dc8.gif

Excellent chart.......but it doesn't extend far enough to meet the needs of audiophiles! Lol

On a serious note, yes you are correct it he spectrum were cropped but look what happens as frequency increases? The harder surfaces become less absorbing so at 4000hz, 96% of the acoustic energy is reflected which was my point of sounding increasingly 'bright'.

You are correct, although the differences between drywall/plaster and glass above 4khz are still rather small (4% compared to 9%).

My overall point is that when it comes to absorption, glass is only slightly worse above 4khz and is better at all other frequencies below 4khz.

I always assumed glass would be much more reflective than typical wall surfaces. My front/speaker wall consists entirely of very large, two story tall windows and when I set up the listening room I was very concerned, until I started doing some research and talking to GIK Acoustics when ordering my acoustic treatments.

The moral of the story is that if someone wants to tame high frequencies, they can't assume typical wall surfaces will work, as all typical wall surfaces perform poorly at high frequencies. Carpets, drapes or better yet, acoustic panels are mandatory.

• 1 year later...
Boombox-1_zpsb95ykmhw.jpg

• 3 years later...
On 3/25/2020 at 4:47 AM, Jud said:

Edit: It's interesting, because they're something like the turntable now. Sound is beautiful, but every station I can pick up here and many, many more in all corners of the country and the world are available streaming over the Web or my phone through the microRendu using Shairport, "no static at all," as Steely Dan would say.

Wow, this is interesting Jud.  I was not previously aware of Shairport.  Am I understanding correctly, that can use Shairport to stream any online content (YouTube, web radio, etc.) through your MicroRendu?  What mode are you using for this on your MicroRendu?

EDIT: sorry, this is off topic, Jud, ignore or send me a pm.

• 7 months later...