IGNORED

Would forum members chip in $$ for a USB analyzer

10 hours ago, Speed Racer said:

Does Thunderbolt have the same issue as USB? I don't know and I need to get educated on that.

I still think an Ethernet to AES/EBU or S/PDIF coax connection is the way to go based on what we have today. That can be an Ethernet to AES/EBU DDC or a low noise audio streamer/end point on Ethernet outputting AES/EBU or S/PDIF coax.

This eliminates the sinkhole that is USB....

The DAC designers I've talked to about Thunderbolt all say it's a terrible interface compared to USB because it's so high speed that the noise is off the charts. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

16 minutes ago, Miska said:

Well, it is pretty much just PCIexpress on a cable. Companies like RME, Lynx and many others have been making sound cards that perform better than many audiophile DACs and sit inside the computer connecting to the PCIe...

Focusrite, Universal Audio and many others already have Thunderbolt interfaces for studios. It allows low latency and huge number of channels at the same time.

Of course audiophiles can keep worrying about the noise and all that, while not knowing that the music they've been listening to has been recorded using Thunderbolt connected ADC... ;)

Just because it's done doesn't mean it's done for the best sound quality. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png