IGNORED

Liquid Conductors in your Interconnect Cables

15 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

It has the absolute worst BS of any audio site I've seen.

"Signal is inherently a plasma. Ionic plasma, or an electron cloud, with a pressure differential..."

Certainly the worst grammar. The BS is squarely in "not even wrong" territory, but that's the norm for audio. Sadly.

4 hours ago, esldude said:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/teoaudio/liquid.html

Been reviewed by several places including the always wonderful 6 moons.  Cables are only $2398 per meter pair.  Yes, not even $2400.

The liquid metal is according to the review:

That fluid is a room-temperature molecular slurry of Gallium, Indium and Tin, a mix* that is related to the alloy inside child-proof thermometers where it replaces toxic Mercury. But because free Gallium interacts with aluminum somewhat akin to Ridley Scott's movie alien and its acid saliva -- exposed Gallium eats into aluminum and aircraft hulls are made from aluminum -- it is considered hazmat.

Since they mentioned Alien, maybe Alien names would be more appropriate than Star Trek based nomenclature. 

In addition to the well-known effect of gallium on aluminium, it is also corrosive to almost all other metals, including copper and steel. You really don't want that stuff loose in your house.

4 minutes ago, jabbr said:

Shhhhhh ! The is Darwinian evolution at work here ... besides I like Gallium in my transistors & it's safe as long as you don't snack on them ;) 

Oh, it's perfectly safe if poisoned with arsenic.

12 hours ago, cjf said:

I'm curious if the packaging of the cables included any type of warning label that instructs the consumer (Hehe) on what to do if they come in contact with this "Slurry" contained within?

Gallium has low toxicity, so human contact isn't the issue. The issue is what to do if it leaks and ruins load-bearing structures of your house.

11 minutes ago, NOMBEDES said:

Well, water does conduct electricity right?

Why not use tap water in a garden hose set up as an interconnect.  You could charge more money for a set with distilled water!!

And homeopathically diluting it will enhance its memory of the music that's been through it and make it sound even better.

35 minutes ago, bumperdoo said:

Have you listened to their cables mansr?

No. They are made of metal just like every other cable. Electrically the only difference between metals is their conductivity. Liquid gallium alloys have a conductivity less than 10% of copper. I see no benefit in this contraption, only dangers from the corrosive nature of gallium.

Just now, bumperdoo said:

I'm assuming you've listened to the Teo cables? Otherwise, you're spewing for no relevant reason my friend.

Add value, please.

I have studied the relevant physics as part of my electrical engineering education. I don't need to listen. The drivel on the website is pure BS.

10 hours ago, monteverdi said:

The idea of liquid cable derives from the idea that crystal boundaries in normal metal conductors have a negative effect on sound quality and amorphous materials (like liquids) have no crystal boundaries.

Why don't they just say so instead of all that nonsensical technobabble? Not that this notion stands up to scrutiny either.