IGNORED

ISO REGEN Listening Impressions (kicked off with some measurements)

• 1 month later...

So I finally connected the ISO REGEN without MicroRendu. 

The sound is extremly good. Not sure if the MicroRendu even is needed ?

IR powered by an LPS-1. DCC is Singxer F1. 

Now, I'm not sure I'm comparing correctly, cause my USB interface is my HTPC where also HQPlayer is installed, and yes, I'm using HQPlayer in the chain. As I'm doing with the MicroRendu. 

Roon is installed on a SonicTransporter, and I think It would be more correct to compare USB interfaces directly from the SonicTransporter. 

As l'm now using Roon Brigde on my HTPC. 

Cause I'm thinking I more or less is not compare the IR without the MR, but more to a different endpoint, since Roon Brigde is in use. 

Still, if we keep that out of discussion, if I where to advise someone where to start with computer audio, the IR will the LPS-1 will be the starting point. With USPCB of cause. And if needed a Ghent USB JSSG cable in addition ?

In my setup I'm quite sure the DCC is the weak point now. My modified SU-1 will probably arrive in a week or two. (I've heard with SU-1 already)

So will probably my updated MicroRendu, as Jesus will have it on Monday. 

Maybe with the SU-1 in the chain I would be able to distinguish between the MicroRendu vs the ISO Regen. Just now I think it's equal or maybe even better. (I said maybe). 

All I can say for now, is that the ISO Regen is pretty close to a no brainer. So you can't go wrong buying one. 

There is a guarantee in lift in SQ that Superdad has forgotten to add in his website, though I suppose the 30 day money backguarantee is more or less equal ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 27.7.2017 at 1:59 AM, jamesg11 said:

/& this is markedly superior to the supplied dc cable?

Well, you have to verify for yourself I guess. But most reporters say it my be worth trying another cable. 

http://www.soundonsound.com/sound-advice/q-whats-special-about-star-quad-cable

The DC4 is an option, and is not a quad core, but the above link also suggest a good two wire. I'm sure google star quad will give you a lot of insight. 

Alex has the ultimate DC cable. ?

It has higher AWG and top specifications Oyaide plugs made for Uptone. 

Soon will be listed on his website. 

He has wrote about it somewhere. I'm not good finding posts. But it's within the last 4 weeks. 

I must say the ISO Regen just started to open up with a new soundstage connected directly to the SonicTransporter and the two USPCB's. 

I think those small little $35 ones is playing an important part here.

If you can use two of these, I'm quite sure this is the way to go. 

Alex, hurry up to open up for people to order ?

I will keep that setup until my MicroRendu 1.4 arrives. 

• 8 months later...
15 minutes ago, tboooe said:

Hi gang, I picked an LPS-1.2 which I will be using to power my SU-1 and moving my existing LPS-1 to the IsoRegen. So my question is should I use the LPS-1 to power the IsoRegen or supply 5VDC to the USB input or both?  Currently, I am using my HDPlex linear power supply for the IsoRegen and the USB 5VDC.

Thank you.

I’m trying more or less to investigate something similar myself. 

I’m not sure if the LPS-1.2 should power the UltraRendu or the SU-1 in my case. 

Meaning which should be replace one of the 3 LPS-1 I have. 

So so I ordered 2 LT3045 6 and 5 Volt from Dubai that shall be placed inside the SU-1. 

I’m hoping LPS-1 + LT3045 will equal one LPS-1.2 for my SU-1.

If not, another LPS-1.2 should be ordered. (And probably another one for the switch)

I suspect the last element in the chain, meaning the SU-1, should have the best PS. I hope to be able to verify this within a couple of weeks. 

20 hours ago, tboooe said:

I am afriad you are right, I need to consider getting another 1.2 especially for the upcoming Uptone switch.

When my LPS-1.2 arrived I first powered my Cisco SG100D-08 with it. 

Sound changed to the better. So I have great expectations to The Audio Switch (TAS?)

It’s a bit strange that a just a god switch with a LPS-1 or a LPS-1.2 makes quite huge difference is SQ. One  have to try in order to believe. 

I have 3 new unopened Netgear FS105 for sale very cheap if anyone like to give it a try. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, gordec said:

I'm trying to clean up my USB signal. Current chain Alienware R7 (don't laugh) -> Paul Pang V2 USB card with ifi ipower -> Pro iDSD -> McIntosh MHA100 -> Susvara. It seems like adding an iso regen with a LPS is the best next step. I don't want to go too crazy. I was also thinking about microrendu, ultrarendu, SoTM SM200, or get a better USB card like JCAT Femto. I don't want add multiple parts. 

• 1 Signature  SE from Sonore. Yes crazy price 
  • 2 UltraRendu 
  • 3 MicroRendu version 1.4
  • 3 MicroRendu 1.3 with ISO Regen
  • 4 MicroRendu 1.3

All Rendu with LPS-1.2 of cause. 

Not 100% sure about 3 vs 4. But according to @Superdad you almost get an UltraRendu with the no 3. Well I think you end up same price as well ?

SoTM is good as well according to reviews.

I assume you’re not using Roon. 

The Rendus give you good options of interfaces. 

Also using an endpoint will lift you SQ guaranteed. 

Must likely more than only the IR. 

And don’t forget to add the USPCB. 

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Superdad said:

Why is that? Because all digital isolator chips (regardless of their speed or technology--optical, capacitive, RF, magneto-resistive, etc.) are ONE-WAY devices for each bit (yes, they are often packaged with multiple bit-channels, but you choose which channels are going which way and that's set).

Just to confirm, does this also apply to ethernet, so as an example the ADIM (Active Differential Isolation Moat) is an example of how this chip can be used ? 

Can this elegant method also be implemented in ethernet isolation technology ?

• 8 months later...