IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

5 hours ago, spacexpert said:

It has USB attached hard drive support like the SMS-200?  Or am I misunderstanding? 

This option requires a USB drive with your content in combination with the built in Drive Mounter application.

How I understand it, the answer is yes ?

Of cause with optional seperate LPS1-1 power ?

12 hours ago, paulinus said:

Could you please declare price level that we can gauge interest in it.

Since MicroRendu still will be offered, and this is meant to be an upgrade, I'm afraid it will be quite expensive, but hopefully cheaper than the Korean option. 

However what I'm hoping for is a price reduction on the MicroRendu, maybe just below sms-200 price, and the new ultra well below $700, or in any case not more than the new sms-200 ultra, which price is still unknown I think.

Also I think they can take a chance of order bigger quantities than before, which also hopefully will reflect a lower price.

Then next year there will be an ISO regen Ultra with a very expensive clock ?

40 minutes ago, Cool3r King said:

Looks good. Decent price too, unless you live in the U.K... ?

Disagree. Price is set based on what you think marked is willing to pay, and a look at competing companies.

As suggested before. Lower the price on MicroRendu and let this one replace, or stay below $700. 

Anyway. Just my thaughts. 

Looking forward to listing impressions, and comparisons against the Korean. 

10 hours ago, JohnSwenson said:

That is about all I can say for now.

Does the ISO regen, have parts, clocks, etc., that we could consider using it in conjunction with the UltraRendu, or do you may say a combination of MicroRendu and ISO regen would most likely equal or slightly outperform the UltraRendu ?

An anticipation is ok, as I don't expect you have tested this. 

What is price on the custom front faceplate ?

Can you reveal any of technical info of the used components ?

• High quality ultra low noise regulator for USB and CPU
  • Fixed frequency ultra low jitter oscillators
  • Multicore processor with DDR3 RAM
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6.7.2017 at 5:59 AM, Dev said:

Its obvious that the UR will sound better than the microRendu but I would like to know what I am getting before I pull the trigger :-)

To me that's not that obvious ?

The 1.4 HW upgrade will give you the same clock. 

What's left, may be better regulators (totally different design I think), but I'm not sure I will be capable to hear that in my system. 

I think the 1.4 upgrade is a very interesting deal, if it turns out as expected. 

On 16.7.2017 at 6:31 PM, bigblue said:

Darko hands out 8/10 to the UltraRendu. Thats great. Has any one read what product he's given a 9 or 10?

Just another thaught, if he changed from Spotify to Tidal, he probably would achive better SQ ?

I hope i misunderstood his review, but my understanding is he use Spotify (MP3) for testingen his gear. 

• vortecjr featured and unfeatured this topic
10 minutes ago, soares said:

Opps, it should be moved to the mR section... sorry!

Or the MicroRendu 1.4 section that does not exist I think ?

Nice review. It could have been the UltraRendu I guess.  ?

People more or less reporters equal is my understanding either it is the MicroRendu 1.4 or the UltraRendu. 

I think one should have in mind that the differences between these two may depend on the rest of your system. 

Or is that a a wrong anticipation ? Why ?

22 minutes ago, unbalanced output said:

Quickie: need a short Ethernet cable for the Ultra. Does it matter whether it's Cat 5e, 6, 6a or 7? 

Don't buy short. 

If you want to be on the safe side, don't go below a meter or 3,5 feet. Don't ask me to explain why, but this was the advice given to me from Norway dealer of Belden, when I wanted to build my "Vodka killer" ?

Also you may like to test out the JSSG option!

If you must go short, fast, and cheap, of cause Blue Jeans has always been a good option. 

Since you're using the ultra, I suppose you use USPCB as well, the you may consider a 90 degree option.