IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

2 minutes ago, canali said:

i'm still trying to decide whether to send in my micro rendu and get the 1.4 upgrade...or to sell it and go for the ultra rendu...but then, later down the road, if i do decide to buy a PS Audio Direct stream JR dac i might not need either....decisions.

Well, another way of thinking is how much of the upgrade will you loose if you upgrade and sell it, vs. sell it as is ? And is that a risk acceptable, knowing you will only know how things are in your system in any case. Others can only give an indication. Agree ?

30 minutes ago, rickca said:

OK that makes perfect sense.  Most people who update from 1.3 to 1.4 will be in the same boat because they no longer have a 1.3 to do a side by side comparison.

I can't promise anything, but my friend still has 1.3, so one day the next month, or later this month, we may do a comparison. Tough I would prefer the possibility to play both simultaneously, which I think only could be done in my case if I had two equal DCC's. 

Still I could remove my SU-1 and use my hiFace EVO and his Bel Canto converter.

(My DAC has two RCA in). 

17 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

We just have the double wide front plate.

But only for UltraRendu and LPS-1. Not a dual LPS-1 confirmation ?

(which of cause is the text only that is the difference)

Also that plate is present not available as a stand alone purchase. Will do ?

3 hours ago, unbalanced output said:

By dual lps1 you mean one powering the second and then the UR?

I only mean 2 separate LPS-1, but combined in same front plate. 

It's only for looking.

I have at present time 4 LPS-1 

You just can't get enough ??? 

Next I buy Elon Musk battery bank and power everything by battery. ?

7 hours ago, jventer said:

i just checked and the double front panel is an extra $25 when purchased with the ultraRendu. I guess if there is enough demand these items could be offered as an additional product - still think it will depend on what people are willing to pay and their skills to add it.

In my opinion, that would be the (maximum) correct price to make a demand ?

For the present price $75, I can get on or two extra quad star DC cable depending on where I purchase. And those are important. 

4 hours ago, alcarp said:

Can someone please explain the LEDs on the rear of the UltraRendu?

i have a red, green and yellow.

If not here http://docs.sonore.us/ultrarendu/, you should ask Jesus to update. 

Sure you don't mean the LPS-1 ????

https://uptoneaudio.com/products/ultracap-lps-1

"An LED at the back of the LPS-1 changes color (red/amber/green) based on the status of the supply.  The programming of its 4096 logic-element FPGA controls and protects every aspect of its operation to assure safe and reliable performance."

Here re is LPS-1 user guide:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0660/6121/files/LPS-1_User_Guide.pdf?13158715067996846938

Meaning of the Power LED Colors: 

GREEN:
Normal operation; the LPS-1 is outputting the DC voltage it is set to and the current load of your attached device is not exceeding 1.1 amps.
RED:
• Flashing red (five red pulses, then a brief pulse of green) means that your connected device is drawing more than a continuous 1.1 amps. The LPS-1 will shut off its output voltage and then return to solid green once the load is reduced.
• Solid red means the LPS-1 is not outputting any voltage. Unplug the AC>DC supply from the input, wait until the red light goes off completely, then plug the charging supply back in and wait 75 seconds for restart. 

31 minutes ago, alcarp said:

The answer is not in the manual so perhaps Jesus can explain.

And this is not those standard network light ? Probably not since you get red, green and yellow. 

It's a dedicated led ? One or several ?

If network then here is an example of what they can mean:

(It may not be valid for the UltraRendu)

The status LED's (right side) can show the following:
  • Off - The card is not receiving power or is in a boot up state
  • Solid Green - The card has valid IP settings
  • Solid Orange - The card has a fault
  • Flashing Green - The card does not have valid IP settings
  • Flashing Orange - The card is making BootP requests
  • Alternating Green/Orange
    • Rapidly - The card is booting up
    • Slowly - The card is making a DHCP request

The Link LED's (left side) can show the following
  • Off - The card is not receiving power, does not have a connected network cable or the device (switch/hub) connected to the card is not active
  • Solid Green - The card is on a network that communicates at 10mbps
  • Solid Orange - The card is on a network that communicates at 100mbps
  • Flashing Green - The card is receiving data packets at 10mbps
  • Flashing Orange - The card is receiving data packets at 100mbps

On 30.8.2017 at 10:29 PM, genjamon said:

But the 1.4 closes the vast bulk of the gap in performance between the Ultra and the original Micro 1.3.

Sorry, my English is not good enough to understand exactly what you're saying. 

Did you almost not notice any difference between 1,4 and the UltraRendu ? That's how I understand your finding. 

EDIT:

I just read your other post. Got my answer. Thanks. 

11 hours ago, str-1 said:

I am also less sure about the ISO Regen with the 1.4 mR.  It was all positives for me when used with the 1.3.  But the 1.4 is very good and I'm not sure all of that extra goodness survives going through the IR.

The IR stays out after my 1.4 upgrade. It may go for sale one day. 

The sound is better without the IR in the chain. (Powered with LPS-1). 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, fbczar said:

I am interested in an UltraRendu, but I am confused as to how it would effect my system. I would appreciate any input. I use an iMac with Audirvana and a NAS, The iMac is connected to an Emotiva XMC-1's asynchronous USB port. Would the UltraRendu likely improve the sound of my system or does the asynchronous input to the DAC, which re-clocks the data stream, do the same thing as the UltraRendu?

I’m confused too ?

The UltraRendu is network based. Your setup is USB from a Mac to the Emotiva. 

If you like to continue that route, a Iso Regen with an LPS-1 may be the best upgrade for you. 

If if you are willing to take a further step up, of cause the UltraRendu is fantastic. 

And according too this https://audirvana.com/?page_id=4289 it should be just fine together.  So I guess the Audivarna then also can acts as a network player. 

But ten you may end up with using Roon ?

If your NAS is a Qnap or Synology, you can install Roon on it. As well as your MAC. 

But then again, maybe you Emotiva is or will become Roon ready with RAAT, and then you may start thinking again. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, fbczar said:

If the iMac's power supply is so noisy it cannot be in the same room as the DAC what other power supplies are equally problematic? How far away from a DAC would a computer need to be to eliminate the problem of noise from a power supply? Thanks

Did you notice the smile Jesus answer ?

You could buy another MAC and install this

https://uptoneaudio.com/products/mac-mini-dc-conversion-linear-fan-controller-kit-mmk (Yes I’m almost joking)

But you may find this thread interesting

I don’t think you have Roon. You may considder it.

And I think Jesus is offering you a money back guarantee if you don’t find a lift in SQ. 

And you would probably need a LPS-1 as well. 

If you’re lucky, he will offer this as a combo on the Black Friday sale. 

You may even add the SonicTransporter with it’s noisy PS ?

Why ? Read here :

https://www.audiostream.com/content/intel-nuc-sonictransporter-tale-two-mini-computers-running-roon-core

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, BCRich said:

Pleasantly surprised when I went to Track the Delivery of the ultraRendu this morning that it was on my door step. Right off the bat I noticed a much lower noise floor, better sense of the recording space, improved transients compared to my Version 1.4 mR, I can go on and it obviously isn’t broken in yet. Have not tried the Sbooster Linear Power Supply yet, using the LPS-1 for now.

Very happy camper so far.

Much thanks to all!

Mike

Did fright apply to the Black Friday deal ?

Does the the SBooster have a 220 VAC option ?

I’m on my way to do the same deal.

1 hour ago, rlow said:

That said, I haven't received any update on the order progress yet, hoping it will ship soon!!

I know there was a limit number of items available. I guess they was kind enough to let us all purchase, but it may be on the cost of the shipping date.  My order no is 1968. (Super Ultra Bundle #10)

I hope Jesus can give a general update here soon. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7.12.2017 at 11:32 AM, Dougster said:

Chacun a son gout mon ami! I don’t have zones and prefer to spend my money on music and equipment, my priorities. Thought my unorthodox approach might be of interest and show an alternative... and produce some reactions! Cheers.

You should really try Roon.  And you can do all your switching inside the Roon feature named Zones. You will get a free 2 months trail here:

• 4 weeks later...

@Em2016

Maybe these guys, whoever they are, is developing something that can be looked upon as a new standard ?

Like Ethernet is for data, so is USB. SPDIF is just to old to cover up.

It may use the HMDI cable as medium, it may not.

But whatever is passing through the wires, it's pure digital audio and clock signals, and maybe 12 VDC......

Maybe the cable has small secrets and compensations as well...

Now that's another platform I would say :D

Just imaging what would you do if you could start from scratch.

I think someone already has done that exercise.

• 5 weeks later...