IGNORED

Resonessence Invicta Mirus Pro & Veritas

Has anyone here heard of any updates/fixes to the Veritas regarding the DSD decoding problem? I've sent out numerous emails to them with zero response. Initially the problem only affected DSD128 but now even single rate DSD is affected-large drop in volume and severe white noise. Pretty frustrating. Truthfully, I have only 2 albums in DSD and I could easily live without them but I'd still like to have a machine that functions properly. My Concero HD plays these formats perfectly. 

On 3/9/2018 at 10:10 PM, Nordkapp said:

Has anyone here heard of any updates/fixes to the Veritas regarding the DSD decoding problem? I've sent out numerous emails to them with zero response. Initially the problem only affected DSD128 but now even single rate DSD is affected-large drop in volume and severe white noise. Pretty frustrating. Truthfully, I have only 2 albums in DSD and I could easily live without them but I'd still like to have a machine that functions properly. My Concero HD plays these formats perfectly. 

This is strange-with a Miles Davis (single rate DSD) album the playback volume is low with heavy white noise. With a Beck DSD it's fine. Wondering if it's a file problem too? Still no reply from Resonessence. >:(

• 6 months later...

Any news?

Any new owners?

Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon High Current < AQ WEL XLR < Chord Qutest DAC w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Innuos Phoenix USB w AQ Dragon Source < Aurender N100H & AQ Dragon Source < NetGear GS105GE Switch w UpTone LPS1.2 < Supra CAT8 Ethernet < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Stillpoints UltraSS, Ansuz Darkz D-TC & D2, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer, Gold Evolution SE & Classic < Furutech FT-SWS (R) < Synergistic Research Orange Quantum Fuse < Solid Tech Hybrid < GigaWatt G-16A 2P Circuit Breaker

• 1 month later...

I might be interested in an Invicta Mirus Pro... :)
How does the Mirus Pro fare against the Yggdrasil DAC?

Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon High Current < AQ WEL XLR < Chord Qutest DAC w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Innuos Phoenix USB w AQ Dragon Source < Aurender N100H & AQ Dragon Source < NetGear GS105GE Switch w UpTone LPS1.2 < Supra CAT8 Ethernet < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Stillpoints UltraSS, Ansuz Darkz D-TC & D2, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer, Gold Evolution SE & Classic < Furutech FT-SWS (R) < Synergistic Research Orange Quantum Fuse < Solid Tech Hybrid < GigaWatt G-16A 2P Circuit Breaker

25 minutes ago, johndoe21ro said:

How does the Mirus Pro fare against the Yggdrasil DAC?

They both have their pluses.  The Mirus has more pluses.  The importance of each + or - is subjective.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

9 hours ago, Dr Tone said:

They both have their pluses.  The Mirus has more pluses.  The importance of each + or - is subjective.

I'm asking about sonic differences... Maybe you can tell me your subjective opinion... :)

15 minutes ago, johndoe21ro said:

I'm asking about sonic differences... Maybe you can tell me your subjective opinion... :)

One is well measured yet full sounding with an ease of presentation in comparison to it's "similar" counterparts.  Spooky black background, gobs of detail and explosive transients.  With the right filter choice can get pretty close to the timbre of the other.  It will show shitty recordings for what they are but not near as bad as some of its lesser counterparts.

The other isn't well measured has a thicker presentation that is a little busy and gray in comparison.  It has good timbre and really nice musical flow but the highs are a little rolled off in comparison.  This  DAC is very forgiving to shitty red book recordings but won't give you the same goose bumps with well recorded music as the afformentioned DAC.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...