IGNORED

ISO REGEN launch thread! (product web page up; photos, etc.)

I'm personally interested in that USB adapter when they're available (another email notification would be too cool). The price is right when compared to those $$$ flavor-of-the-month cables.

Unfortunately, I won't be 1 of the 4000 flooding the market with first generations Regens,,, good luck selling them. I can "suffer" with my Regen & Meanwell SMPS. Anyone buying a used Regen at discount prices will be getting a great deal indeed.

Cheers,

Robin

2 hours ago, Superdad said:

Please see my above reply regarding rewiews.  Advertising money has nothing to do with them.

And on the topic of advertising, while we certainly could pour some cash into some print or web ads, to-date we have yet to spend a dime on advertising, with the sole exception being the $3K/year we pay to sponsor this forum here at Computer Audiophile (where I personally have been a member since just about three months after its founding; CA is coming up on 10 years--wow!).

That may change this summer after the first couple of batches of ISO REGENs are shipped out.  Both the UltraCap LPS-1 and the ISO REGEN are stellar pieces that lend themselves to be promoted together. And while we will probably advertise at the high-traffic Head-Fi (their metrics are higher than several of the next biggest audio sites COMBINED), I can promise @The Computer Audiophilethat here at CA is where we will place our first ads.  I'm going to "dance with the one that brung me" as they say! B|

Hypothetical question for Alex or John, IF I had $300+ to spend, which would I be better off buying, a $380 LPS-1 for my present day USB Regen/Meanwell or a $310  ISO Regen to go with my Meanwell SMPS? Just curious,,, just in case something changes in my life.

Cheers,

Robin

1 hour ago, Em2016 said:

Hi mate, I'm definitely not John or Alex and am just as curious about how the ISO REGEN performs as you, but with the 30 day trial you could buy both and return one for a refund, after your testing.

If I had to make a guess I would go with the new ISO REGEN to go with your Meanwell initially and add the LPS-1 when funds later allow. Only a guess though, as to which one to get first, like tossing a coin. Once it's out in the field there will be plenty of people that can help to test this out of you with their feedback too.

But the risk free 30 day trial is cool.

Damn if that's not a marvelous idea, I could make up my own mind, keep the Regen w/LPS-1 or upgrade to the ISO Regen w/Meanwell and send back the LPS-1 for another day which I'm sure there would be once I sampled the Regen w/Meanwell vs ISO Regen w/LPS-1. I would know first hand how all the combinations work IN MY SYSTEM. 

Much thanks for telling me something I should have thought of on my own,,, duhhhh. Now I just need to find the money for at least one of them so I can sample them both. ;)

Cheers,

Robin

8 hours ago, R1200CL said:

You may tell us a little how your setup is. As the LPS-1 won't help you much unless it's feeding something. 

But for sure you should use your money on the ISO regen, if you today run only a USB cable between your PC and DAC.

Sure, my source is a week old HAL MS-3 music server w/Windows 10 feeding a Regen/Meanwell SMPS to an Empirical Off Ramp 3 USB Converter which in turn feeds via Crystal Cable digital cable to a modified Havana 44.1 khz Dac. My whole 15,000+ library iis all 44.1 khz is that's as far as I'll be going it in my declining lifetime. My whole a/v system's foundation is on a dedicated circuit into a Pi Audio UberBuss that feeds a BPT 2400w balanced power conditioner. I have Acoustic Revive RGC-24 Grounding Devices on all my components which has me questioning the need for the isolation aspects of the ISO Regen other than the ISO Regen itself is a better build. What I do have are tons of SMPS's in my system, from the Regen itself to the hard drives, powered RCA cables, the HAL MS-3 mini-pc itself. This all doesn't seem to affect my system like some folks, maybe because all the SMPS's are on power strips to a separate circuit from my system's dedicated circuit.

So my gut feeling is my system would see the most improvement from the LPS-1 for my Regen. I would be interested in comparing the LPS-1 between both Regens but given the choice of purchasing 1 component, I think I'd go with the more expensive LPS-1 but ask Alex if I could audition the ISO Regen at the same time in my system for future consideration. The HAL MS-3 set me back some so I can't afford anything for the foreseeable future anyways.

The bottom line here is the Regen w/Meanwell SMPS transformed my PC audio into a non-fatiguing system when I had my 2002 HTPC and now that I have a dedicated for 'music use only' fanless mini-pc music server, things have only gotten better. I have no pressing need for either Uptone Audio component but,,,,, well you know how that usually plays out. :)

Robin

5 hours ago, R1200CL said:

My feeling is sell the regen asap ?

Order the ISO regen !

Then later order two (or 3) LPS-1 for powering your Empirical Off Ramp 3 USB Converter, (and the possible the ISO regen) 

Or sell that Empirical Off Ramp 3 USB Converter, and use a Singxer F1, and use the rest of the money on a LPS-1....

I actually have a Paul Hynes power supply for the Empirical Off-Ramp 3,, HUGE audio difference from the SMPS wallwart. I like Meanwell PS's and I really think they alone are an upgrade from the normally supplied wallwarts. 

When I was working, money wasn't as much of an issue as it is when you're retired on a fixed income. I simply don't have the disposable income to spend on merry-go round component upgrades every 1-2 years as is the case of Empirical which has had 5 Off-Ramp upgrades for their customers to spend money on every other year or so. Just can't do it anymore so I need to pick & choose my purchase "wallet battles" and be happy til such time I can afford another wallet battle. But keeping up with yearly new technology component upgrades is no longer possible.

But thanks for the input! I'll keep it in mind.

Robin

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, gsquared said:

Wow Alex... that's such a bummer! Uptone Audio has been the most respectable audio company I've had the privilege of doing business with in a very long time, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. Not to mention the fact that your products (along with Sonore) have completely transformed my enjoyment of music.

If it were me, I think I would refund ALL of the people who sent nasty messages and refuse to do business with them. Those are the same people that will complain the loudest, cause you the most headaches and overall cause you the most undeserved grief. Life is too short to deal with those kind of people. (IMO)

Anyway... I'm sure you'll get it all sorted in due time. Best of luck!

My thoughts exactly. Let those folks take their business where they might find more peace of mind so they won't have to resort to acting like an a$$. At the very least take them off your mailing list so you won't be accused of "spamming" them again. Life's too short to be dealing with folks who would never have the nerve to say those things to your face.

Cheers,

Robin

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2017 at 5:19 PM, Superdad said:

Hi Roger:

I am behind on a lot of things.  One of which is figuring out the worldwide postage costs to charge for people who want to order the USPCB A>B Adapter by itself (USA is easy, but international for small packets is a headache; nobody is going to want to pay Priority Mail Intl. Flat Rate of $34 postage for a $35 adapter).  That’s about the only reason why the AddToCart button is not yet on the page.

If you are in the USA and would like one, just shoot $38 ($35 + $3 postage) via PayPal to www.paypal.me/uptone
If you do so, please let me know (via our web site contact page) as the daily PayPal notices get filtered into an e-mail box that I do not regularly look at.

Also tell me which orientation of the USPCB Adapter you wish to receive.

Thanks,
ALEX

Just received my USPCB A>B Adapter today from Alex, I was quite surprised on the improvement that was achieve by this simple little upgrade connection. Better separation & wider soundstage, awesome gain for just $38. :)

The LPS-1 will be my next Uptone Audio purchase, maybe by this fall. The ISO Regen will simply have to wait til probably next tax returns aka spring. If nothing else, the USPCB A>B Adapter as me wanting more. Mission accomplished Alex! :D

Cheers,

Robin