IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

5 hours ago, seeteeyou said:

Gotta love 'em when they're funding the development of yet another $60K DAC with crowdfunding dollars

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/taiko-audio-sgm-extreme-the-crème-de-la-crème.27433/page-126#post-620410

Larry Ho is simply following his good ol' plan: manufacture something really good and expensive so he can sell affordable stuff (in our case, so he can rip us off with affordable stuff that was never delivered).

Now he wants to screw over our fellow audiophiles in Asia. Same guy. Same plan.

On 1/5/2020 at 8:17 PM, Currawong said:

While I cannot speak for anything Jarek has done regarding anything else, I confirmed last night, and I can say for absolutely certain that the only reason posts were deleted in that thread on HF were due to a strict policy of not allowing discussion of legal matters.   While I might wish that they'd relax that policy in this instance, they wont.   

I can't help to wonder why Head-Fi would not act in their own best self interest. Why isn't Head-Fi protecting their own business interests? (Game Theory)

Larry Ho has caused some severe damage to audio high end businesses, but mostly, to those who legitimately profit from advertisement. This is a major multi-million fiasco that has put a dent in our collective level of trust. Low trust is horrible for business, and when businesses don't do well the first thing they do is cut on advertisement expenses. 

So it is a big mystery to me why the owner(s) of Head-Fi are not allowing us to single out and expose Larry Ho. This is not a vendetta. This is a matter of rebuilding trust by seeking justice. 

There is a good chance that Head-Fi's lack of interest will have a boomerang effect. We are small community and many will resent the fact that they are purposely not helping us (their "policy"could be easily adjusted by one little email from their director). 

Just think about this: Jarek (a proven pathological liar) loves and talks good things about Head-fi. How twisted that is! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
5 hours ago, stuck limo said:

No one kicked anyone to the curb and Larry did not stiff me. I do hope you prepare better for court than you do for speculations about LH L staff.

From the Wave thread in question, dated July 16, 2020, per the moderator: 

blake.JPG

For further updates on LH L, please keep watching IGG. We will probably only be responding on audio forums in future in case of emergencies, mega-events (nature of TBD) or serious respectful private requests for the foreseeable and planned future.

Thanks everyone, stay safe.

you work for a thief

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have brought this up before, but here I go again: If we want Larry Ho to listen to us, then, someone needs to go to China based Hi-Fi forums and tell them what happened in the USA. You should include links to this forum and the ones in Head-Fi. I'll be happy to help out with some guidance (I am an expert on online marketing).

In the past, LH Labs offered me money NOT to do this. I know for a fact this is their Achilles heel. 

Larry may not give everything back, but he is very likely to "reward" the individuals who threaten his reputation/business. 

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, stuck limo said:

Hi guys, I am no longer with LH Labs/Light Harmonic. There's no drama involved; I am simply too busy with my own projects/businesses to continue. I don't know any further information over the crowdfunded projects other than what I have shared. Best of luck and wishes to everyone. 

That is great news. Good for you. I truly hope that whatever you are doing is actual honest work. 

wish you the best. 

14 hours ago, stuck limo said:

Bernard, after the way you treated me, I sincerely hope, and nothing would make me happier, that you get nothing. 

I did get a top of the line Pulse Amp/DAC after I warned Larry Ho of bad publicity. It seems like the bad publicity remark really scared the hell out of him.

It sounds great!

• 4 months later...
50 minutes ago, Mike Rubin said:

Keeping things in perspective, California focuses its enforcement efforts on far bigger fish than this one.

While we all are perturbed about losing what surely feels like a lot of money to each of us, the overall economic impact, especially within the state, is small by scam standards and, despite the assumptions of many here, it’s a genuinely difficult prosecution to win:  To prevail against LH, we have to overcome our consent to the unhelpful crowdfunding terms and the distinct possibility the money was mismanaged rather than stolen.  To do either of those things for us, the AG would have to undertake a shit ton of investigation and document review to nail down a fraud case.

This is why we went out of our way when preparing the AG/FTC complaint to inform the joint  filers that this would be a seriously uphill battle and that each filer should insider hiring his or her own attorney if serious about recovery.

I always thought that the best way to go was to give Larry Ho(pe) very bad publicity in the USA and China. We may not get our money back, but we may prevent him from ripping anyone else off in the future. 

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

Maybe the FBI should be called in. :o I don't mean too much of a joke by that:

About 17 years ago I received a couple of visits (at the Hovland Company offices) by FBI agents investigating some nonsense claim of attempted price-fixing concerning our line of MusiCap film-and-foil polypropylene capacitors. It was based on some off-hand advice I gave to someone (who I thought we were friendly with) that he might do better if he raised the price of his parts a little bit--to be more in line with what was going on in the market and to sustain at least a modest profit versus cost.

Of course there was nothing there--other than a lot of wasted time. But if two FBI field agents had the time to drive out to investigate some web or e-mail comment, maybe some agent would like to sink teeth into some actual big dollar fraud... 

Our case is definitely worth the FBI's time. This is a scam that had victims all over the USA. Larry Ho used sophisticated methods in order to rip us off.

Furthermore, I believe a large chunk of the FBI agents demographics is the same as the audiophiles demographics (male, well educated, middle upper and upper class). Perhaps there is a high end audio loving agent that will help us out? :-) 

• 4 months later...