So "SDIF" is S/PDIF - Philips?

S/PDIF = Sony/Phillips Digital Interconnect Format

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

5 hours ago, Jud said:

He did.

This is not intended to comment on audibility of what's shown on the graphs, just to point out that mani indeed did listen to the Yggy for some time, as he's mentioned in this thread and others.  He wound up not liking it; again, I'm not intending to comment on whether anything shown in the graphs could have been the reason.

And it was his issues with sonics that lead him to finding those measurements and his subsequent forum thread- not the other way around. I am also a bit perplexed by some thinking Mani has an axe to grind or wouldn't know better.

Forrest:

35 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

It's the manner he went about it....and continues to go about it. I am not perplexed at all.

If this is what has you all in a bundle, I think you are taking things too seriously. He tried it and thought it sounded odd. He tested it and discovered some things and started a thread to learn about it. Commendable in my mind so far. Here he stated the below, and you came back with "not this crap again.....". Regardless of whether you agree, he has actual experience and relevant information to others.

Mani:

"I mentioned the Yggy's zero-crossing glitching a while ago. And I personally didn't like the way it sounded compared to my regular DAC - I still have the digital captures of the Yggy's analogue output that clearly demonstrate that the Yggy changes the sound of the original files in a way that my regular DAC doesn't.

JA's measurements weren't very complimentary either. He finished his review with this:

While the processor's analog circuitry is superbly well designed, its digital circuitry appears to have problems with high-level, high-frequency tones, and with the LSBs of 24-bit data. It's possible, of course, that the former will be rare with music, and that the latter will be obscured by the noise floors of recordings. But it does look as if the digital circuitry is not fully optimized.

[Highlights mine.]

My feeling was that these shortcomings were indeed audible. But many (most?) Yggy owners love the way it sounds...

Mani."

Forrest:

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Jud said:

Closer to 20.  HP sold TAS in 1998.

Edit: Oh, I see what you're saying.  Yes, I remember TAS back when it didn't take ads around 1975-76.

Those were the days! I still have a bunch of older TASs in a box somewhere.

Forrest: