IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

I agree that the width of the space for thread text is too small. On my Samsung tablet, thread text is only about 40% of the available width on the screen.

Ads look to be about 40% of the width, too.

Width for user name, pic, etc. could definitely be less.

Thanks for the hard work this weekend. I bet you're exhausted!

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

Chris,

When looking at the thread list for a forum, you can can see who last responded to the thread but nothing else. On head-fi, this same view also shows the first bit on the reply and a hyperlink to the post.

Is that possible? It's certainly nice to go directly to the last post in the thread.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
28 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

OK Guys - Here are some scrrenshots from old to new. The first one is a split screen showing the differences. The second one is a couple posts only and it's offset to line up the text area (with red bars highlighting the areas). You'll see there really isn't much difference in width for the text area.

Split-Screen.png

split-post-offset.png

chris,

one thing to note is the use of space with regards to texts.  on the new site:

* spacing between lines is much more, allowing fewer words per vertical inch

* spacing between paragraphs is much more, again allowing less words per vertical inch.  i'd actually prefer no additional spacing with returns -- doing two to create a new paragraph.

also, is the font bigger?  is seems like it is, but on your example they look the same.

thanks again for all the work -- it is appreciated.  we all get a lot of value from the site!

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Ha!

I just enabled this. You may need to refresh your browser to take advantage of the size.

Notice the reflow issue.

Chris -- looks great!  Was away for a few hours and it's now looking so good -- much more comfortable feel!

58 minutes ago, Forehaven said:

Chris, what happened to 'New Posts'?

at the top right of the screen is "unread posts" -- click on that.

chris -- things are looking really good. only suggestions for improvement are line spacing (mentioned in a previous post) and contrast (as others have mentioned).

one great thing i didn't know was that if you're looking at the list of all the threads in a forum and you click on "x minutes ago" for a thread, it will also take you to the last post in that thread.  nice feature!

thanks again for all of the hard work.

4 hours ago, mourip said:

When you go to "Unread Content" you see the last unread post for the thread. Great.

When you click on it you go to the first post of that thread and then have to navigate to the last post.

Would it not make sense for it to take you directly to the last post? 

if you click on the title of the thread, you'll go to the beginning of the thread.  if you click on the green circle or green star next to it, you'll go to the first unread post at the end.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Just removed a lot of white space between posts and changed the line that separates each post to be a bit thinner yet darker in color.

looking good, chris! thanks so much -- you've made great progress over the last several days!

19 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Hi Chris @The Computer Audiophile

I tried to search 'Tapatalk' to see if that now works with the new website but no results came up.

Just wondering if Tapatalk is working with CA, because mine has stopped working. Or is it in progress?

Apologies if it's been discussed earlier in this thread - I tried the search function

PS: this actual website itself is looking and working great. Similar to StereoNet which also works well.

Cheers!

tapatalk support is no more.

11 minutes ago, hornytoad said:

It took me 15 minutes to figure out how to unfollow a thread . 

I see it's all the way on the bottom of a page . 

Im not impressed 

aw come on, just gotta look . . . . there's also a box at the top to the right of the thread title (and above the "reply to this topic" box) that says "follow" -- just click on that.

1 minute ago, Em2016 said:

No worries. But is that 'no more currently' or 'no more forever'?

chris has stated that the goal was to be browser only and make sure the mobile presentation works well.

18 minutes ago, hornytoad said:

Don't see anything on the right side of the thread title on my iPhone . Sorry on the bottom of the thread , yes I found it ... after a while . 

so different devices, different experiences . . . 

on a computer, you get something at the top (box) and the bottom (slider)

on my samsung tablet, the follow box is at the top, but there's nothing at the bottom

on my samsung phone, there's nothing at the top, but there's the follow box at the bottom

12 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys - I have a different theme ready for public consumption. I've enabled it for everybody, but not by default. To switch themes, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select theme then "Computer Audiophile Blue."

It's not completely finished, but it's 99% of the way there. 

chris,

really like the blue theme -- the color changes and the additional contrast/shading incorporated are nice!  good work!

• 1 month later...

@The Computer Audiophile -- would love to see the ca logo back at the top left of the menu section.  the current words ("computer audipiophile" only in arial font) just don't represent the site well!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

chris -- i've noticed a weird behavior.  small thing, but i thought i'd point it out:

when you go to the computeraudiophile.com home page and click on "Forums" or "Blog" nothing happens.  to get to the forums, for instance, you have to click on it again.  it seems like it's expect a sub-menu like appears if you click on "Activity" or "Store".  is that expected behavior?

9 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This ha happened to me only a couple times. I can't reproduce it, so it's really tough to troubleshoot. 

If you can reproduce it, please let me know what OS and browser you're using. 

chris -- i use win10 pro and chrome. tried clearing cache, but made no difference.  happens all of the time for me, not just occasionally.

• 5 months later...

@The Computer Audiophile -- is there are way to have any thread that we've ignored not show up as unread?  for instance, the music server forum will be bold (unread), but the only threads that are unread are ones that i've ignored.

seems like the unread logic would only need "AND ignore=no" added.

• 2 years later...

@The Computer Audiophile -- i would love to see the "ignore" thread button have a bit more teeth to it.  currently, the thread keeps showing up in the list of threads in a sub-forum and it causes a given sub-forum to show unread threads (bold in the list of sub-forums) even if the only one that is unread was ignored.

it would be great if ignored threads could be treated like ignored users -- when you click on your handle, it would appear in the list of options under settings (like ignored users does) and be managed there.  otherwise, it appears nowhere else.

not sure if possible, but thought i'd bring it up.

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This is one that I haven't used in the past and don't remember where the button was. Can you help me a little by telling me exactly where the button or link was locted?

Thanks JCN!

it used to appear right under the "start a new topic" button on a tablet or phone.

ah!  i see it's now at the bottom of the page -- thanks @ShawnC.

chris -- i would rather see it back at the top instead of the bottom if possible.  i like as much consistency between the mobile and desktop sites as possible (and i'm lazy)!