IGNORED

Article: Klipsch - The Three - Review

• 2 weeks later...

Klipsch seems to be moving in the "right" direction of late regarding sound quality of its mainstream lines. Has anyone heard "The Sixes" yet or the R-15PM? Regarding "The Three", no TOSLINK and no stereo paring leave me out.

Arthur E. Petersen, Jr.

3 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I have The Sixes now. Love them. 

RE: "The Sixes"; my need is for something for a living room of (LWH) of 19x12x9 fed by a Pi3 based server/blu-ray/phono. Also considering audioengine HD6 at this price point. Me/wife's music tastes: R&B, jazz (traditional, fusion) pop. Volume from mid-day loud to late night soft.

Your opinion. Thanks.

Arthur E. Petersen, Jr.

On 4/2/2017 at 2:20 PM, mrpetemd said:

RE: "The Sixes"; my need is for something for a living room of (LWH) of 19x12x9 fed by a Pi3 based server/blu-ray/phono. Also considering audioengine HD6 at this price point. Me/wife's music tastes: R&B, jazz (traditional, fusion) pop. Volume from mid-day loud to late night soft.

Your opinion. Thanks.

You may want to check out the new Klipsch sponsored forum here at CA - https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/forum/31-klipsch-sponsored/

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 1 month later...

The Three is definitely a great looking, and I'm sure a great sounding speaker if the past products from Klipsch are any indication. The problem is, this thing is made in China, as confirmed by an email reply I received from Klipsch customer service. I understand that making products in China is cheaper. But those savings should be passed on to the consumer. This thing should only cost $150 or maybe $200. Instead, these greedy companies get rid of our jobs, and charge just as much or more for their products that are made for 1/4 of the cost in China. I love my American made 1992 Forte II speakers, and listen to them daily. The $1200 I paid for the pair back then was fine, they sound and look great, and are made here. You can't keep sending manufacturing overseas, and then wonder why there's no jobs here.

9 minutes ago, Paulw101 said:

The Three is definitely a great looking, and I'm sure a great sounding speaker if the past products from Klipsch are any indication. The problem is, this thing is made in China, as confirmed by an email reply I received from Klipsch customer service. I understand that making products in China is cheaper. But those savings should be passed on to the consumer. This thing should only cost $150 or maybe $200. Instead, these greedy companies get rid of our jobs, and charge just as much or more for their products that are made for 1/4 of the cost in China. I love my American made 1992 Forte II speakers, and listen to them daily. The $1200 I paid for the pair back then was fine, they sound and look great, and are made here. You can't keep sending manufacturing overseas, and then wonder why there's no jobs here.

Paul - This is a global website. To some readers China is home. To many, made in the USA still means made over seas because they live in the rest of the world. 

Your political statement is better left on another forum. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

10 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Paul - This is a global website. To some readers China is home. To many, made in the USA still means made over seas because they live in the rest of the world. 

Your political statement is better left on another forum. 

You are totally missing my point. What I said is nothing against the Chinese people, it's against a greedy company that exploits cheap labor, and uses it to line their pockets instead of passing the savings on to the end consumer. Even better, they should make a deal with the chinese manufacturer tonpay the people what they're actually worth. 

7 minutes ago, Paulw101 said:

You are totally missing my point. What I said is nothing against the Chinese people, it's against a greedy company that exploits cheap labor, and uses it to line their pockets instead of passing the savings on to the end consumer. Even better, they should make a deal with the chinese manufacturer tonpay the people what they're actually worth. 

You're missing my point. For the Chinese readers, this product is made at home for the going wage. Your ethnocentric view is interesting. 

This thread isn't the place to discuss the other topics. 

On 5/27/2017 at 9:16 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

You're missing my point. For the Chinese readers, this product is made at home for the going wage. Your ethnocentric view is interesting. 

This thread isn't the place to discuss the other topics. 

Your point is irrelevant because it has nothing to do with what I'm saying. The promise of Asian and specifically Chinese manufacturing is cheap consumer products. $400 Bluetooth speakers aren't cheap. That's all I'm trying to say. 

• 6 months later...

So did the price go up $100?  The website and Amazon both have it at $499.  (Crutchfield has it for $425).

I'm thinking of getting this for one of my kids for the Unorthodox Holiday.  He wants to play (mostly compressed) music from his iPhone primarily, but would appreciate the additional functionality and I like the idea he can "grow into" it a bit. 

Are impressions still positive?

13 hours ago, wgscott said:

So did the price go up $100?  The website and Amazon both have it at $499.  (Crutchfield has it for $425).

I'm thinking of getting this for one of my kids for the Unorthodox Holiday.  He wants to play (mostly compressed) music from his iPhone primarily, but would appreciate the additional functionality and I like the idea he can "grow into" it a bit. 

Are impressions still positive?

Yes. Been using it since the review and still really like it. Family uses it without issues. 

• 1 year later...
On 12/15/2017 at 12:25 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Family uses it without issues. 

Recently picked up a Klipsch The One ($250 on Amazon) which is the smaller version. My wife had started listening to Josh Groban videos on YouTube using her laptop in our kitchen/den area. As you can image, laptop speakers are horrible so I needed something.

If my wife can't just power up her laptop, open up YouTube, select a video and hit play, then this would be a no-go solution. So far, The One had worked well for it's intended purpose. Plus it looks great with the wood veneer finish.