IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3 (official thread)

I just downloaded/purchased ver 3(previously had ver 2.6.6).

My MQA playlists that I created all play with blue light or 1-2 white lights plus the blue light on my ME2.

NOTHING ELSE plays! Non master playlists I made nor any other albums but MQA/MASTERS from TIDAL-NOTHING plays from Qobuz. The blue soundbar moves saying the album is playing but no sound. Is anyone else experiencing this. I have unplugged everything and rebooted my mac mini and still nothing but MQA. ROON works(including getting blue light on my MQA made playlists) but A+3 only plays MQA playlists that I made.

The SQ is great better(I think) than either TIDAL alone or from ROON but why doesn't any sound come from anything other than MQA on A+3?

In addition in audio MIDI I can't get ME2 to be used the device for output.

Any help would be appreciated.

damien78: all that plays ie sound is MQA albums it is pristine but songs play and no sound from non MQA TIDAL albums/playlists or from Qobuz why? Please see my post#110 plus I have emailed support and went to A+ blog page-no response

bobbmd

Jud: your post #122- in my case I get nothing in terms of music/sound from iZotope or Apple CoreAudio for NON MQA albums or playlists.

An MQA song plays ie the sound bar is moving A+3 tells me in the upper right hand and left corners what the is being sent and played by my ME2 ie12/44.1,24/44, 24/48, 24/352, 24/192 to 192/48/96/352 from the DAC. I get no sound/music in non MQA albums or playlists same goes for Qobuz or integrated iTUNES but A3+ tells what bits the song is being delivered in but it never reaches my listening source ie avr my Senn hd 598's or RS-195's-the sound bar moves and I get 1-3 white lights on ME2 but no sound! If I go to TIDAL WEB/desktop app I get music in MQA and non MQA formats ie HiFi if I go to Qobuz desktop or their new WEB player I get music in FLAC with all the appropriate lights blue or white on ME2. ROON gives me MQA for my TIDAL playlists I made.

It has to be from A3+ not my mac/USB or the ME2 or my avr. Any idea what is going on and better yet how to fix this?

bobbmd

A3+ is only delivering MQA!

see my other posts here #110/169

I have emailed A+ support and their blog page

Jud: Your reply #215-thank you. It is strange and even more so with the MQA TIDAL playlist I made of all the DEAD's Masters I included some non MQA Dead stuff and the Tribute to Jerry album THEY don't play even within the MQA playlist ie no sound! All the MQA Dead albums play!

AmosM: please see my posts 110/169/214. I did exactly what you did from 2.6.6 to 3.00 now 3.01 and the only music that plays are MQA (which is absolutely wonderful) but no non-MQA TIDAL no Qobuz and no local files ie my iTunes library or my own created playlists from TIDAL(except the MQA playlists I made) or Qobuz. A+3 says it is playing non MQA TIDAL Qobuz and iTunes but no sound A+3 even tells me the bits in both upper corners.

• 1 year later...

@damien78 and Anyone Else:

I just turned on A+3 version 3.2.10(3141) and  the Qobuz symbol/logo with the record/tonearm is there but Qobuz is not there ie 'discover' 'playlists' are not there 

If I go to 'preferences' under 'Streaming Qobuz Account' it gives my account: bobbmd

connected Qobuz HiFi Subscription

Limit Streaming Quality: True CD Quality (Lossless FLAC)

But I can't access Qobuz through A+3 although ALL my Qobuz playlists I made or transferred to Qobuz are there and play

If I go to my Qobuz desktop app Qobuz  is there and plays

Damien can you explain this or fix it and is anyone else having this problem?

I have never experienced anything like this in the last 5 years- have had Qobuz since then and Audirvana since it became established(TIDAL with all its choices ie 'new' 'TIDAL RISING' Playlists Genres is there) but nothing under the Qobuz logo

PLEASE help I am distraught to say the least

bobbmd

@rickca: Thanks for the quick reply -I am listening to Qobuz right now on the desktop app and it works fine and I have OS El Capitan and Apple mac mini- as I said I have never experienced this problem before-I just hope Damien or some else can help me fix this(must be an Audirvana problem don't you think) Thanks again for your reply

@damien78 and anyone else: I no longer have a connection to my Qobuz and TIDAL accounts on A+3- I have logged out in preferences on A+3 and tried to reconnect to both services both failed-I have restarted my Mac Mini three times and the same thing happens-I have the latest version of A+3 the desktop apps for TIDAL and Qobuz both work

Damien and anyone else out there have a solution or suggestion

thanks 

bobbmd

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@gordec why use ‘restricted’ for A+3 to 24/192 I find it hard to believe that greater than that capability could make streamed music any better than it sounds either from A+3 in MQA from TIDAL or HiRes/Studio from Qobuz or now ROON for either Qobuz or TIDAL and I think i have really good discerning ears for a 70 yo- I may be limited by the ancient speakers and AVR I use after the streaming music goes through my Meridian Explorer 2 DAC or my premultibit Schiit Gungnir DAC

• 3 weeks later...

@Giacomino you are correct iTunes is 'my library' all my 16000+ tracks am listening now- it took me an entire NFL season(did it twice when my PC died and I bought this Mac Mini now have 4 different backups!) to rip all those cd's( never have been so bored in my entire life not even in P-chem).

Had forgotten what a great playlist it is-all 800 of those cd's! Thanks for your your 'topic' but seriously years ago I thought there was on earlier version of A+ different logos and some device you had to activate but that may have been on a different player.

But I have never had A+ crash on me through all of Damien's different versions

Try going to Audirvana's support page if you are lucky you might get lucky and get an answer otherwise try getting an answer from damien @damien78 (he is the founder and creator but he is a one man show so just keep trying)

I really enjoy A+3 it's SQ and fact it shows what bit rate the source is and then what my DAC playing it at-ROON and just Qobuz/TIDAL desktop apps all have their pluses and minuses ALL of them sound great but A+3 is still my favorite especially because it gives bit rates MQA or not etc for those streaming services

• 7 months later...

@damien78 and ANYONE ELSE : i have ver 3.5.20 using el capitan and for now using both AQ dragonfly red and Meridian explorer 2 as dacs while awaiting new gungnir multibit and raggy 2 (late 2012 mac mini i7 with 16 GB RAM)

under 'active devices' almost everything is 'grayed out' and will not respond ie low level playback options/upsampling etc nothing responds or is grayed out 

anyway to correct this or isn't it necessary?

the sound quality is still excellent with my playlists on qobuz tidal and playing from them directly

A+3 shows what is being out puted ie flac16/44 in lower left corner and say converted to 24/88 on lower right corner or whatever

but why is everything grayed out and unresponsive?

thanks bobbmd

• 1 month later...

@damien78 hello- I asked this question on another thread yesterday 11/16/19--- all of a sudden A+3.5.25 made me repeatedly have to log into TIDAL and Qobuz and repeatedly said login failed until finally connected to both. Today same thing happened--i shut down my mac mini for a while restarted it same thing happened A+3.5.25 is up working but my left hand column is all screwed up---my TIDAL playlists are all there and iTunes etc but NO Qobuz playlists at all and when i scroll down to the bottom it says CONNECTED and I have Qobuz and TWO TIDALs and no album covers just blanks with blue line 1/2 filled on TIDAL--I don't care about that BUT where are my Qobuz playlists have 800+ that I made---EVERYTHING was working perfectly 2 days ago. Is there something wrong with A+3.5.25 in USA?

My system is totally unchanged late 2012 mac mini i7 16GB RAM WiFi via Apple Time Capsule with brand new Schiit Rggy 2 and Yggy(gen5usb) GS and older ME2.

Am listening to a playlist on my TIDAL playlist of "celtic playlist from Qobuz feb 2017" 366 tracks but there are NO Qobuz playlists in left hand column they were there 2 days ago.

thanks for yours or ANYONE else help

ALL is back to 'normal' don't know what happened but unconnected everything shutdown the mac mini reconnected restarted mac mini resigned into TIDAL/Qobuz on A+3(and ROON--many times) and all was ok THEN... ROON automatically downloaded ver 1.7 and all HELL broke loose---- TIDAL/Qobuz AND A+3 newest ver 3.5.26 refused to recognize neither of my 2 DACs (see my other posts elsewhere) then i did same thing unplugged the mac after shutting everything down disconnected the DACs and did a 'shutdown' not a force quit restarted and ALL was well again ROON was to blame--- not forewarning about the new version nor the glitches/problems OR how to solve them... shame on them for making my blood pressure go up--- unlike @damien78 or @dmackta(at Qobuz) dealing with ROON is well, like..." forget it Jake, it's Chinatown"