IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

9 hours ago, ddetaey said:

Has anybody knows when/how to use the 2 volume fields in HQPlayer Embedded - see attached picture ?

Dirk

hqplayer-volume.jpg

Fixed volume is if you want to have a fixed volume setting that cannot be changed. For example -3 dBFS.

The other one is the default volume when starting up when using variable volume (by default range is -60 - 0), before anybody has set any other value.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 12/28/2017 at 6:21 PM, trs said:

So HQPlayer now sees 8 cores instead of 4, and as a result poly-sinc-xtr has less stuttering then before. Unfortunately there is still some stuttering though. I think HQPlayer would need to see all 16 cores to fully eliminate the stuttering.

@Miska, do you think these patches could also be applied to kernel 4.10? Or should I downgrade to kernel 4.9? Thanks for the help.

4.10 has not been maintained anymore for a while. Ubuntu just happened to pick it as their HWE kernel, but they need to maintain it.

I'm trying to stick to LTS kernels, here you can see the long term releases and the maintenance periods:

https://www.kernel.org/category/releases.html

I have also experimental 4.14 build now, but didn't publish it yet because Nvidia drivers don't support it yet. If that's not an issue, then I can test it on my headless machine and upload it to the server if needed.

Not sure if this is a HQPd problem or not.

I've posted to bubbleupnp forum on XDA as well, and thought someone here might have some suggestions.

I use bubbleupnp on a pixelXL with HQPlayerd (running on ubuntu machine) as the renderer (feeding an ultraRendu NAA to my DAC) and the music library resides on the same ubuntu machine.
Most of the time I'm fine, but every now and then the renderer drops and then camps on local renderer.
This happens even when the wifi signal is very strong (and the mobile phone is stationary), so I'm assuming something momentarily interrupts the connection somewhere.
When this happens, music playback stops and I have to re-select the HQP renderer, at which point music can resume.

Any suggestions on how to make the connection to the renderer more robust?

Any ideas where the problem may lie?

Similar to cat6man, I have been struggling with playback stopping after the song has completed.  In the logs all I see is something similar to

"

2018/01/01 16:47:28 End of track
& 2018/01/01 16:47:28 Next
2018/01/01 16:47:28 Idle request
& 2018/01/01 16:47:29 Idle
2018/01/01 16:47:29 Stop request (tail)
- 2018/01/01 16:47:30 Network engine stopping...
& 2018/01/01 16:47:31 Stop...

"

I get that with BubbleUpNP, JRiver (both using wired connection and eos remote control) and Lumin / Linn Android client.

Setup is music on the server running w2012r2, minimserver, bubbleupnp server for open home extension for Lumin / Linn Kazoo client.  BubbleUpNP Android client is running on a Samsung tablet running 7.0 code with Dec. 2017 security patch installed.  Jriver software is installed on a separate system but the music folders is mounted from the 2012r2 server.

Right now the two thing that is common across the board is the location of music, hqplayerd system and HP network switch.  I am going to install JRiver on another system that has backup copy of the music and see if I run into similar issues.

2 hours ago, shadowlight said:

2018/01/01 16:47:28 End of track
& 2018/01/01 16:47:28 Next
2018/01/01 16:47:28 Idle request
& 2018/01/01 16:47:29 Idle
2018/01/01 16:47:29 Stop request (tail)
- 2018/01/01 16:47:30 Network engine stopping...
& 2018/01/01 16:47:31 Stop...

This looks normal, and BubbleUPnP App should send URI for next track.

2 hours ago, shadowlight said:

Right now the two thing that is common across the board is the location of music, hqplayerd system and HP network switch

Have you checked that the 802.3x (flow control) support is enabled in the switch settings?

6 hours ago, shadowlight said:

Similar to cat6man, I have been struggling with playback stopping after the song has completed.  In the logs all I see is something similar to

i'm not sure the problems are similar @shadowlight

are you seeing bubbleupnp going back to local renderer?

if so, your log would probably show some sort of searching for a renderer.

p.s. i used to have occasional problems with no play after a song finished but not in a long time now.

i'm on r4beta13.  which hqplayerd load are you using?

On 1/4/2018 at 11:21 AM, cat6man said:

Not sure if this is a HQPd problem or not.

I've posted to bubbleupnp forum on XDA as well, and thought someone here might have some suggestions.

I use bubbleupnp on a pixelXL with HQPlayerd (running on ubuntu machine) as the renderer (feeding an ultraRendu NAA to my DAC) and the music library resides on the same ubuntu machine.
Most of the time I'm fine, but every now and then the renderer drops and then camps on local renderer.
This happens even when the wifi signal is very strong (and the mobile phone is stationary), so I'm assuming something momentarily interrupts the connection somewhere.
When this happens, music playback stops and I have to re-select the HQP renderer, at which point music can resume.

Any suggestions on how to make the connection to the renderer more robust?

Any ideas where the problem may lie?

I got a suggestion on the XDA forum from the developer, bubbleguuum.

Make sure to exclude BubbleUPnP from Doze: Go into 'Android settings > Battery > 3-dot menu > Battery Optimization' and add BubbleUPnP in the 'Not Optimized' list.

I'm trying this now to see if the problem goes away.  Sounds like something all bubbleupnp users should be doing.

After some hammering I got the problem "reproduced" halfway through an album with MinimServer and BubbleUPnP App. For some reason it didn't proceed to the next track. Reason is a sort of mystery to me so far. I'll try to check out that Adroid power save option which is similar to macOS' AppNap...

2 hours ago, Miska said:

After some hammering I got the problem "reproduced" halfway through an album with MinimServer and BubbleUPnP App. For some reason it didn't proceed to the next track. Reason is a sort of mystery to me so far. I'll try to check out that Adroid power save option which is similar to macOS' AppNap...

did you see bubbleupnp drop back to local renderer?

16 minutes ago, Miska said:

No, not that, only that playback just stopped and didn't proceed to next track...

This is what I am running into.  I still need to check if flow control is turned on in the HP switch.  I will have to do that tomorrow.  It's just not BubbleUpNP but JRiver, Lumin and Kazoo are doing the same.  It would work and all of a sudden it will not move to the next track.

7 hours ago, shadowlight said:

What are the difference between b12 and b15? 

Mostly similar things that went to Desktop 3.20 plus the fixes and additions that will come in Desktop 3.20.1. So I'm keeping the control API's library support feature set in sync, although the control API and library implementations are largely different (same library.xml works for both though).

I will also soon keep improving the realtime input support for the Embedded. Like scriptable hooks for switching inputs on devices that need reconfiguration when switching between different hardware inputs. I also want to try how Rygel would work straight as a library to simplify the setup (just one process instead of two + dbus).

8 hours ago, shadowlight said:

This is what I am running into.  I still need to check if flow control is turned on in the HP switch.  I will have to do that tomorrow.  It's just not BubbleUpNP but JRiver, Lumin and Kazoo are doing the same.  It would work and all of a sudden it will not move to the next track.

With b15 I managed to play entire Daft Punk album through without track progress problem. Doesn't mean the problem is gone because it seems to be random. In addition I have BubbleUPnP excluded from the Android power save.

I installed b15.

Played an album this morning and it played fine, but when I opened bubbleupnp to pick a new album to play, the renderer had dropped back to local renderer.

So then I disabled local renderer as well.

After playing fine for a while, in the middle of a track, while mobile was stationary, the music stopped and i found that the library in bubbleupnp had changed connection to another dlna server on my network.......seems like a bubbleupnp or network connectivity problem for the lost renderer stoppage.

Has anyone gotten HQPlayer to work with UPNP Bridge under LMS.

I get the following everything I try to use it as rendered for LMS.  Not sure why it fails to add.

& 2018/01/06 20:44:56 Play next URI: http://10.19.67.35:49157/LMS2UPNP/bb-bb-c4-94-b3-b8-idx-1.wav
# 2018/01/06 20:44:56 clReadWAV::OpenURI(): clWaveIO::Open(): clWaveMainChunk::clWaveMainChunk(): mandatory chunks missing: Success
# 2018/01/06 20:44:56 Adding URI to the playlist transport failed
! 2018/01/06 20:44:56 clPlayerDaemon::OnOpenURI(): clPlaylist::GetTrackLength(): trackn > last
& 2018/01/06 20:44:56 Playlist clear
& 2018/01/06 20:44:56 Play
! 2018/01/06 20:44:56 clPlayerDaemon::OnPlay(): clHQPlayerEngine::Play(): clPlaylist::SetTrack(): uiTrack > last track

hqp-upnp-bridge.txt

I forgot to mention that with b15 I played close to 50 odd songs with out any issues or stoppage.  Occasionally, I saw the following in the log files, where it seems to initialize network engine but continue playing.  The play list had aif/wav/flac files but I was seeing messages similar to the one below even if the file type was the same.

& 2018/01/06 16:13:50 Next
  2018/01/06 16:13:50 Idle request
  2018/01/06 16:13:52 Stop request (tail)
& 2018/01/06 16:13:53 Idle
& 2018/01/06 16:13:53 Play next URI: http://10.19.67.35:9790/minimserver/*/Music2/Dagda/Celtic*20Trance/07*20Dagda*20-*20Morrigna.wav
& 2018/01/06 16:13:53 Stop...
- 2018/01/06 16:13:53 Network engine stopping...
- 2018/01/06 16:13:54 Network engine stopped
- 2018/01/06 16:13:54 Playback engine stopped
& 2018/01/06 16:13:54 ...stopped

7 hours ago, shadowlight said:

I get the following everything I try to use it as rendered for LMS.  Not sure why it fails to add.

& 2018/01/06 20:44:56 Play next URI: http://10.19.67.35:49157/LMS2UPNP/bb-bb-c4-94-b3-b8-idx-1.wav
# 2018/01/06 20:44:56 clReadWAV::OpenURI(): clWaveIO::Open(): clWaveMainChunk::clWaveMainChunk(): mandatory chunks missing: Success

As the error message says, this is invalid or corrupted WAV file... It is missing some mandatory chunk. Or server is sending some junk or otherwise incomplete file.

I just uploaded b16, now DSD inputs using DoP have been tested. In this case using RME ADI-2 Pro. So now it possible to use it for analog inputs at DSD256 too... Things like DSD64 input over AES should work too.

Now the daemon starts up in configuration mode, even if configured audio device has disappeared. Helps fixing the situation through web GUI.