IGNORED

HQ Player Support

Darryl R

Daryl,

Can you potentially list out the issues that you ran into and maybe as the collective group we can help figure out what went wrong. When I setup HQPLAYER under Ubuntu or Debian I basically started with bare bones setup and install packages needed to meet Hqplayer dependencies. I think I wrote the steps down and I will see if I can update them for newer Hqplayer and post it inow the main hqplayer thread and will do one similar for naa. I know I've run into issues with pulse taking over the audio chain.

We got HQ Player to work with Ubuntu Studio, but not thru the JCAT card, and we got it to work with Ubuntu Gnome and JCAT, but then we were at a loss for remote control options, and VNC didn't work with HQPlayer and the Gnome desktop. At that point we ran out of R&D funds and fell back to Windows 10.

Thanks for your kind interest, but I'm happy with our Plan B.

Again, I was told this was the only way to get in touch with the guy after he blocks you, and after giving him the benefit of the doubt for 3 weeks, I got him to state his policy here.

I'm not blocking anybody!? But I do receive much more emails than I manage to answer.

It is less likely to get response if:

1) I'm asked to recommend hardware

2) It is about something not directly related to HQPlayer, like configuring OS or something like that

3) About something subjective

4) If I don't have an answer...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

We got HQ Player to work with Ubuntu Studio, but not thru the JCAT card

What is JCAT card and why do you want to use such? It is not directly related to HQPlayer, but to the OS and the particular hardware. So clearly outside of my scope.

but then we were at a loss for remote control options, and VNC didn't work with HQPlayer and the Gnome desktop

I don't use remote desktop applications so I cannot comment much on the subject. This not directly related to HQPlayer either but instead to the OS and third party application.

Remote control options are listed on the web page.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers