On 4/24/2018 at 9:23 PM, Bricki said:

G'day @austinpop

Did you ever get the chance to make this comparison?? Also interested in how the supra cat8 compares to the JSSG ET02? If you've had the chance to compare these I'd be very interested in your thoughts 

Thanks 

Brendan 

Hi Brendan,

Sorry this question fell through the cracks. 

Both the Supra Cat8 and the JSSG ET02 are excellent cables. The dCBL-Cat 7 does sound a tad better/smoother to me, but it's a small difference at a very high price differential. If cost is not an issue, the dCBL-Cat7 is an outstanding cable, but otherwise the Supra and the Ghent are great choices for bang/buck.

I haven't compared connectors, but I got mine with the Metz ones, and they are very sturdy.

1 hour ago, Bricki said:

No worries ?. Thanks for the advice ?.

I have just received my 1.0 length of supra cat8 to try. I replaced a 1.5m length of audioquest pearl between my netgear gs105 (JSGT powered by lps1)  and sms200 with the supra cat8. 

With only 10 hours on the supra cat8 it is already a better cable than the pearl. The supra has a smoother presentation and there seems to be a harshness/edginess that has gone from brass instruments... The supra has a more relaxed feel and seems to have a more accurate timbre of all instruments. Nils lofgrens acoustic guitar, Tommy Flanagans piano, cannonball adderleys sax and miles Davis' trumpet all have a more natural tone/timbre. The end result is a more addictive and involving time listening to music ?. 

I may have to replace my other 2 runs with supra. 

Yup the Supras are great! I know one or two people who have bought spools of the stuff for long runs in their house.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cornan said:

Almost right. It is 2x 5A HC-HPULN in series, not one.

50VA is the same family as the 500VA yes. Sounds really great! ???

Apologies Micael, 

Since I am not in the "kitchen" with you, I've lost track of what you're cooking! Got a question for you. What's the highest VA rated transformer core you got lying around? If my experience with the Brooklyn DAC+ is any indication, if you took a 100VA (or maybe even 250 or 500VA) core, married to your LT3045-based regulator networks, you should be getting amazing dynamics and refinement from the DAC.

Just curious if you've gone that direction.

• 1 year later...