IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

1 hour ago, Rt66indierock said:

Andy, I want to congratulate you on reaching the same conclusion about MQA that I did in 2016. I was with two clients who were recording engineers and two recording engineers who weren’t clients. I didn’t know I was listening to MQA at the time. Just listen to this. I did then grabbed a note pad and asked them to play it again. One of my clients looked  at the two engineers who weren’t clients and remarked this isn’t good.

The last time I used an AES interface it could go to 24/192. A Yellowtec Lite I used to test one of Alan Sides studio monitors.

What I object to is the timing. The first quarter of this year is the time MQA Ltd seeks funding to continue operations after they issue their next financial statements. Actual revenue is still very small, so they need to convince their investor or find other investors. So. when articles about MQA suddenly start popping up just in time to show investors the audiophile press are still talking about MQA. We start to think collusion.  

Jim Austin will be burned at the stake for his “As We See It” March column. Michael Fremer isn’t happy about the comments on Tracking Angle. The cut and paste segment of the audio press are being criticized for their promotion of the latest MQA press releases.  I guess it is always the right time to sell out the readers.  

Are you insinuating that that Steve Austin The Bionic Man has written another pro MQA essay? 

If so, I predict this is the official beginning of the end of Stereophile. It won't be around in a year or two.

53 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

" MQA technology uses a combination of techniques to capture and reproduce high-resolution audio, including advanced audio compression algorithms, digital filtering, and time-stretching. MQA files are typically encoded at a higher bit depth and sample rate than standard audio files, which allows them to capture a greater range of audio information and reproduce a more detailed and accurate reproduction of the original sound".

This entire paragraph is a fabrication of reality. Stereophile is now the Fox News and Newsmax of of Hifi:D

• 2 weeks later...